New to overclocking... Help!

Solution
I havent heard that about ram.
But heres my guide to overclocking skylake. Its quite a bit to type so i copy and paste it from an older post I did.

1.3v is typically the max you want to hit when overclocking the cpu but skylake can handle 1.4 if needed.
To overclock set the voltage to 1 volt and set the multiplier to 40x and try to boot into windows. If successful run a stress test and monitor temps.
If temps are good and passes a 5 minute stress test, bump the multiplier up to 41x and repeat. Once the computer crashes or does not boot into windows, up the voltage by 0.025v and test again. Once its stable raise multiplier until unstable. Rinse and repeat. You want to stay under 1.5ishv if you want your cpu to degrade quickly. And with...

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I havent heard that about ram.
But heres my guide to overclocking skylake. Its quite a bit to type so i copy and paste it from an older post I did.

1.3v is typically the max you want to hit when overclocking the cpu but skylake can handle 1.4 if needed.
To overclock set the voltage to 1 volt and set the multiplier to 40x and try to boot into windows. If successful run a stress test and monitor temps.
If temps are good and passes a 5 minute stress test, bump the multiplier up to 41x and repeat. Once the computer crashes or does not boot into windows, up the voltage by 0.025v and test again. Once its stable raise multiplier until unstable. Rinse and repeat. You want to stay under 1.5ishv if you want your cpu to degrade quickly. And with overclocking you want to try to keep your load temperatures under 75c. Every overclocker has different comfort zones with temperatures. Like i try to keep mine under 65 constantly. But a good rule of thumb is to stay under 75c

Solution
Your RAM comes with an XMP profile and would have to be entered manually in Bios.
You can obtain your SPD memory XMP profile info in CPUz for Primary Timings and Voltage.
Most XMP profiles are recognized when selected in Bios but not all. You have the capability to change these settings in the Advanced section of Bios.
More detailed explanation can be given if not sure. Get to know your Bios capability.