Question New to Overclocking, is Ryzen Master enough?

Jul 21, 2020
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and I have it running at the very stock speeds, 3,6 mhz and 1.1v. But when my friend said that I should overclock to 4.2 ghz and 1.25v, using ryzen master, but I doubt him. Does ryzen master account for all of the other stuff besides the frequency and voltage of the cores, do I have to adjust it manually in the BIOS? And is 4.2 ghz and 1.25v safe for my cpu? I am very new to overclocking and pc in general.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and I have it running at the very stock speeds, 3,6 mhz and 1.1v. But when my friend said that I should overclock to 4.2 ghz and 1.25v, using ryzen master, but I doubt him. Does ryzen master account for all of the other stuff besides the frequency and voltage of the cores, do I have to adjust it manually in the BIOS? And is 4.2 ghz and 1.25v safe for my cpu? I am very new to overclocking and pc in general.
Doing it in BIOS is always preferable over software. If your OC at 4.2GHz with under 1.3v and can keep temperature in check (under 75-80c), it would be fine. 62-65c in auto boost mode.
You say it's running at 3.6GHz ? Is that all the time and under full load ? It should boost up to 4.2GHz on at lest one core in auto boost mode.