Question New to overclocking, please give me advice

keijzerchief

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hi,
I'm making a new pc build and was wondering whether I would be able to overclock my system and how much I would be able to, or whether the CPU cooler I am getting is not good enough for this.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim
Will I be able to overclock this system, and if anyone has some tutorial videos they could link for someone overclocking for the first time.
Thanks in advance :)

Lutfij

Titan
You should look at a beefier cooler other than that Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim. Overclocking isn't just about the temps or the board or the CPU, rather a culmination of all the parts in your build.

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and yes you should be able to overclock though your mileage will vary like everyone else. You're also going to need to make sure your board has the latest BIOS before you drop that Ryzen 3000 series processor on that board.

keijzerchief

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
You should look at a beefier cooler other than that Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim. Overclocking isn't just about the temps or the board or the CPU, rather a culmination of all the parts in your build.

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and yes you should be able to overclock though your mileage will vary like everyone else. You're also going to need to make sure your board has the latest BIOS before you drop that Ryzen 3000 series processor on that board.
Here's a full spec list, any reasonably priced CPU coolers you would recommend then?
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/keijzerchied/saved/