[SOLVED] New to pc, space questions such as drive slot, cover for empty space, and air flow

Feb 3, 2019
I've been learning about the basics but still have some newbie questions. This is the first time I've opened up the pc so it has a lot of dust. Gonna clean it.

Specs:
default i5 2320 and motherboard
EVGA gtx 1060 6 gb (I think the sc means it can be overclocked?)
500 ssd ---> adding 160 gb ssd in addition
8 gb ram ddr ---> 16 gb ballstix sports once it arrives

My questions are:
[strike]1. Right under the graphic card, there's an open space, will I have to cover this up so dust doesn't get inside? Solved.[/strike]
2. How many ssd/hdd can I put inside, should I just add another hdd? Can't tell with the holder, think the current ssd holder can have two.
3. Should I replace the cpu fans or add another one to the front. I've searched in general it should pull air from the front and exhaust in the back and push air upwards. Doesn't look like it could pull from the front.
4. Should I just buy a new case? If so, can you recommend one under $70

I don't do heavy gaming too often, 4-5 times a month due to work.

Thanks!

Also I didn't build the comp but I know what you wanna say about the cable management haha.

Link to image

Solution
1: solved

2: you have 5 empty slots for drives. 2 below the SSD, 2 more in the 3.5" bays just above the SSD, and 1 more below the optical. The 3.5" and 5.25" bays would need an appropriate adapter to hold an HDD or SSD.

3: Judging by the shroud on the current fan, I am assumiong there is a side vent for the processor to pull in room air directly. In this case I would say not to replace the cooler if it is doing an adequate job. You can monitor your CPU and GPU temps while gaming to check. Post your results please.

4: I would not bother at this point unless the current case is damaged or your GPU temp is bad since it cools using the air inside the case. Save the money for when you are ready for a new PC or parts to build one.

Btw -...

popatim

Titan
1: solved

2: you have 5 empty slots for drives. 2 below the SSD, 2 more in the 3.5" bays just above the SSD, and 1 more below the optical. The 3.5" and 5.25" bays would need an appropriate adapter to hold an HDD or SSD.

3: Judging by the shroud on the current fan, I am assumiong there is a side vent for the processor to pull in room air directly. In this case I would say not to replace the cooler if it is doing an adequate job. You can monitor your CPU and GPU temps while gaming to check. Post your results please.

4: I would not bother at this point unless the current case is damaged or your GPU temp is bad since it cools using the air inside the case. Save the money for when you are ready for a new PC or parts to build one.

Btw - the SC on your 1060 means it has a factory SuperClock, ie - it's already overclocked but sometimes you can get a bit more from them.
Be sure to remove the power cord before using canned air and then allow plenty of time for the moisture to dry before powering it up again, if that's how you were going to clean it.

Please post your temps so better advice might be given.

Solution