New Toshiba Cromecast 4K HD tv 3840x2160....PC says recomended setting is 4096x2160??

Gino753

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi everyone

I finished my first ever pc build about 2 weeks ago,and it turned out great.The problem is that I have it setup on my 4k tv,that is a

49" Toshiba 3840x2160 4k tv...but in the display settings in windows 10,it showing the recommended setting is 4096x2160....and although it works great set to that resolution.I am afraid of damaging my new tv from forcing a higher resolution into it....that's if ,this will damage a tv??

when I try to set it at 3840x2160 it still looks great but I noticed that it changed back every now and again...maby from me messing with the Radeon settings?

anyway will this damage my tv? I'm just waiting to get a monitor

Solution
if you never make custom resolution so it is safe to use 4096x2160, but it is not necessary, so it is optional. that recommended resolution may could be native resolution from the tv itself, but not sure about that, even though it is overclocked resolution, it wouldnt be a problem if you arent using it for long time, overclock could make shorter life of component, but it is not a big deal if you not using it for long time, everytime

nvincent_08

Reputable
if you never make custom resolution so it is safe to use 4096x2160, but it is not necessary, so it is optional. that recommended resolution may could be native resolution from the tv itself, but not sure about that, even though it is overclocked resolution, it wouldnt be a problem if you arent using it for long time, overclock could make shorter life of component, but it is not a big deal if you not using it for long time, everytime

Solution