New update broke my system

Dec 22, 2018
Yesterday my system worked perfectly without problems, but when i was going to bed and shuting my pc off i innstalled a new update for windows. Now my second minoitor dont work, my optimised resolution is somthing entierly wrong/not having the option for my full refreshrate and hdmi dont send sound to tvs. I know you used to be able to rollback updates nativly form windows updater, but they removed it(?) or i cant find it at least. What should i do? Wait for another update that fix my problems, or should i become an windows insider and hope that patch has a fix already?

Dec 22, 2018

Got the same thought right afther i posted my query, but i just keep geting "other instalations..." and that it cant install. Nothing is updating exept geforce drivers

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018

Unless I misunderstand what you're doing there...do NOT use windows functions to update your gpu drivers. Go directly to Nvidia or AMD website and get it there. The windows updates generally do a decent job for other hardware driver updates, but is notorious for installing older gpu drivers. Glad your system is working, so I'm reluctant to say go and update again...but do keep that in mind for the future.

Dec 22, 2018

My fault for not making it clearer. I wanted to write it so others can fix it, but i made it to unprecise.

I encountered a problem where i could not update my drivers in geforce because somthing else was updating. This was caused by windows failing to update some small patches. I force quit windows updater to enable geforce to update my drivers. It worked after that and the drivers were successfully updated.