New Vertical AM4 Air CPU Cooler or AM4 Cooler Master Kit?

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Hey everyone! Been a while since I've posted a question, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some advice.

So I'm doing a rebuild with a Ryzen 7 2700 at its core, which forced me to get a new motherboard since I was previously using an Intel. The catch is that the CPU cooler I was using previously was the Hyper 212 EVO, and as I'm sure we all know stock is limited (or nonexistent) for the AM4 kit to keep the cooler vertical instead of horizontal. The kit I'm talking about is RR-AM4B-H212-S1 if anyone is curious. Sure I could get the horizontal kit, but my RAM has heatsinks that wouldn't really accommodate that.

So I come to you nice people looking for advice. Is there a budget air cooling option similar to the 212 that is vertical for the AM4 socket? Or does anyone know of a location where I could purchase the vertical mounting kit for my current cooler? I live in the US if that helps.

By budget I mean preferably $45 or less. Any more and I might as well get a Corsair H60 for $60. And no I don't want to stick with the stock cooler if anyone asks. I make it a point to personalize the cooling solutions on my CPUs.

Thank you all for your time and I hope we get some good answers!

New PC Specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus ATX
Ryzen 7 2700
Radeon Sapphire R9 Fury Vapor-X
G.Skill Ripjaw V 16GB @ 2400
Corsair AX860 Platinum
WD 1TB Black
WD 2TB Blue
Samsung Evo 256GB
Rosewill Thor V2 Case

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
MERGED QUESTION
Question from rhodesgamer : "New Vertical AM4 Air CPU Cooler or AM4 Cooler Master Kit?"

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've posted a question, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some advice.

So I'm doing a rebuild with a Ryzen 7 2700 at its core, which forced me to get a new motherboard since I was previously using an Intel. The catch is that the CPU cooler I was using previously was the Hyper 212 EVO, and as I'm sure we all know stock is limited (or nonexistent) for the AM4 kit to keep the cooler vertical instead of horizontal. The kit I'm talking about is RR-AM4B-H212-S1 if anyone is curious. Sure I could get the horizontal kit, but my RAM has heatsinks that wouldn't really accommodate that.

So I come to you nice people looking for advice. Is there a budget air cooling option similar to the 212 that is vertical for the AM4 socket? Or does anyone know of a location where I could purchase the vertical mounting kit for my current cooler? I live in the US if that helps.

By budget I mean preferably $45 or less. Any more and I might as well get a Corsair H60 for $60. And no I don't want to stick with the stock cooler if anyone asks. I make it a point to personalize the cooling solutions on my CPUs.

Thank you all for your time and I hope we get some good answers!

New PC Specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus ATX
Ryzen 7 2700
Radeon Sapphire R9 Fury Vapor-X
G.Skill Ripjaw V 16GB @ 2400
Corsair AX860 Platinum
WD 1TB Black
WD 2TB Blue
Samsung Evo 256GB
Rosewill Thor V2 Case

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

Tsk, tsk, my friend. I said I don't want the cooler to be horizontal. Nice try though.

rhodesgamer

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

All of the complaints about how tight the locking mechanism gets worries me a little. It's really a shame I just can't find the AM4 bracket for the 212 EVO. I love this cooler.