Question New Water cooled build

snakeyees

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
I have built a new PC Build im trying to install windows 11, the PC boots up into bios, at first I was able to get to installing windows 11, after 2 1/2 hours or so my windows installation was stuck at getting files ready @ 13% BLU-RAY Drive light was still rapidly blinking, then all of a sudden the monitor shuts off, so I reboot I get back jnto bios and it shuts off again PC still running, I reboot again and I change some bios settings related to the Graphics card and reboot, I try windows a few more times but the picture and monitor will shut down at different times, I been able to get to 14% on the install but it continues to shut down with no errors or codes. The BLU-RAY drive light still rapidly blinking while the monitor goes into stand by mode.

Evga z690 classified MB
64 GB DDR5 6000+ Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti hydro copper 12GB GDDR6X
Corsair RMX 850x power supply
1 60 GB SSD
1 500 GB SSD
1 1TB Western Digital HDD
1 10K Raptor Drive 60 GB
1 500 GB HDD

Water Cooling
1 XD5 RGB PUMP
3 Radiators 2 XR5 1 XR7
CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB CASE
1 iCUE commander Core XT

The CPU is Running at 30-32 Celsius

I don't think it's a heat problem I'm leaning more towards I need a bigger PSU?

Any help Appreciated

EDIT
I'm using LIAN LI Premium PCI-E 16X 4.0 Black Extender Riser Cable 200mm - PW-PCI-420 if that makes a difference.

David

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 362816

Could you suggest a different a riser cable? Can I use a 3.0 cable with a 4.0 card?

You can but it's not advised because it can cause a slew of issues. As for riser cables that Lian Li one is pretty good over all. That being said the only way to prove if it's actually the riser cable would be to run the card direct to the motherboard and see if your issues persist. Easier said then done since you are water-cooling.

Reactions: Phaaze88
If you are doing a clean install of windows, I hope it is on the 500gb ssd.
60gb is way too small, and a HDD, even a 10krpm raptor is still bad.
During the install, leave all other drives disconnected or windows install will try to use them.