[SOLVED] New WIFI connect appeared in my list of connections

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I wonder if any one can explain the sudden appearance of a new WIFI network with exactly the same name as my other 2 connections 2.4& 5g just called ***1 & 2 only this one has
***_5G I did not make a connection with that number. This is only on my laptop as my PC has an ethernet cable and is still running on number 1 .Should I delete this new connection ?

Solution
You are seeing this in the list of available networks on your laptop?

If yes, there is nothing to worry about. Someone near you has recently set up a wireless network or range-extender in their house and since all routers & extenders use 5G and/or 2.4G, it's not surprising that network names will often look similar.

As for deleting it, you can't delete networks which are in the list of scanned networks.
You are seeing this in the list of available networks on your laptop?

If yes, there is nothing to worry about. Someone near you has recently set up a wireless network or range-extender in their house and since all routers & extenders use 5G and/or 2.4G, it's not surprising that network names will often look similar.

As for deleting it, you can't delete networks which are in the list of scanned networks.

Solution

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hi I found out you can't delete it ,on further checking in the control panel it only shows # 1 & 2 as available ,so your explanation could well be correct thanks for the clarification.

TRENDING THREADS