New WiFi pci-e card makes my monitor blink?

Mar 9, 2018
Hey, as the title says I got a new WiFi card for my computer (TP-link t9e archer) and since installing it it's been messing with my display - I'll run you through what's happened so far. My gpu is an rx480 and I have a 144hz 1440p monitor (this is relevant later)

- upon installing, when I tried to connect to a network it would make my screen go black for ~1s a few times, then fail to connect

- I figured it might be due to excessive power (not enough going to gpu) so I turned the refresh rate down to 60hz and it connected! However every time i used network (loafing we page etc.) it would blink more. And if I dared to take the refresh rate back to 144hz it would either completely drop out or blink so much I would struggle to go back to 60

- I thought it might be because I installed it in the wrong slot (like ram - maybe I needed to put it in the furthest up 16x slot) so I installed it right up above my graphics card and it's still the same issue

I have all of the latest updates and drivers. My psu is a corsair tx-650 from a few years ago, but the only large power draw is the rx480 so it should be fine?

Cpu is i5 4670k & I don't think it's overclocked right now

Please help - I can't seen to find anything like this online...

If it's a real problem you'll have to remove the WiFi card and try an external one, or better still try to do without WiFi adapter on it altogether - - use wired connection and you'll benefit in several other ways at the same time. If you haven't got your PC & router in the same room that's no excuse these days 'cos you can buy a pair of powerline adapters to provide ethernet where it's needed.

Mar 9, 2018

Powerline doesn't work in the rooms I need it to in this house - not sure why but I've tried everything there. Unfortunately I need to do WiFi as I'm renting & people don't want a huge blue cable running thru the house. I'll borrow a usb card and try that?