[SOLVED] new Windows 10 on a new HDD

Oct 6, 2021
I have an up and running PC with Windows 10.

I have a brand new HDD with Windows 10 on it.

How can I install this Windows 10 ( I know how to open the case and connect the new HDD)

Many thanks

Solution

How can I install this Windows 10 ( I know how to open the case and connect the new HDD)

Many thanks
That " brand new HDD with Windows 10 on it" were windows installed on it and working on some other PC ?
If so, you can just connect it and in BIOS se it as default boot disk. There are some possible problems though. W10 license is tied to particular MB it was activated on. That may invalid the license/activation.
Another problem could be with drivers. When W10 is installed it loads and uses drivers for that particular setup and now they may have to be changed and some times it may not even boot as it is, It helps a bit if network...

Many thanks
That " brand new HDD with Windows 10 on it" were windows installed on it and working on some other PC ?
If so, you can just connect it and in BIOS se it as default boot disk. There are some possible problems though. W10 license is tied to particular MB it was activated on. That may invalid the license/activation.
Another problem could be with drivers. When W10 is installed it loads and uses drivers for that particular setup and now they may have to be changed and some times it may not even boot as it is, It helps a bit if network drivers are working and it can connect to internet to download proper drivers, so it may start up but you will have to change drivers anyway.

Solution
Oct 6, 2021
Another problem could be with drivers. When W10 is installed it loads and uses drivers for that particular setup and now they may have to be changed and some times it may not even boot as it is, It helps a bit if network drivers are working and it can connect to internet to download proper drivers, so it may start up but you will have to change drivers anyway.
Thanks for the very detailed reply