New Wireless Set up

I am new to broad band and have 2 pc's which i wish to connect to the
internet via bt broad band one is beside the phone socke and one is outside
in my workshop (no phone socket out there) but is only about 25-35 meters
away from the other socket which is my best way of connecting these up
wireless they dont have to be networked to access each other but if it could
be done for little more money i would prefer to do it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE RAY

"Loup Looney" <raphaelsculllion@btinternet.com> wrote in

> I am new to broad band and have 2 pc's which i wish to connect to the
> internet via bt broad band one is beside the phone socke and one is
> outside in my workshop (no phone socket out there) but is only about
> 25-35 meters away from the other socket which is my best way of
> connecting these up wireless they dont have to be networked to access
> each other but if it could be done for little more money i would
> prefer to do it.
>
> THANKS IN ADVANCE RAY

You can simply get a wired/wireless router as the gateway device for the
LAN and WAN.

Duane :)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:20:52 +0000 (UTC), "Loup Looney"
<raphaelsculllion@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I am new to broad band and have 2 pc's which i wish to connect to the
>internet via bt broad band one is beside the phone socke and one is outside
>in my workshop (no phone socket out there) but is only about 25-35 meters
>away from the other socket which is my best way of connecting these up
>wireless they dont have to be networked to access each other but if it could
>be done for little more money i would prefer to do it.
>
>THANKS IN ADVANCE RAY

You gotta work on your punctuation. Kinda hard to decode one long
sentence. I read it as you have a broadband connection in one
building, and two PC's in another. You wanna have them both connected
to the internet. Lots of ways to do it.

Broadband Modem
Wireless router ====> 802.11b <====== Wireless game
adapter or bridge
|| || || ||
PC1 PC2 PC3 PC4

YOu could also just connect some kind of external wireless radio to
each of the two PC's and connect without using a wireless game
adapter. This would probably be cheaper as USB radios are down to
about $30/ea while the wireless game adapters are $100 or more.

You'll get a network connection between the two PC's for free whether
you wannit or not. It will be much faster with the above arrangment
than having it go through the wireless router and back again.

Homework:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com
http://www.tomsnetworking.com
Lots of good how-to articles.