New workstation for architectual 3d and some rendering

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gptour

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hi everyone,
I am trying to figure out a perfect configuration for a new pc that I will use most for Architectual 3d (revit, archicad, sketchup) and do some rendering (v-ray).
for more complicated projects I will send them to professional renders.
I understand that with this type of computer (3d cad) I can not have the ultimate gaming experience, but I wish I could use the PC for a few good gaming session (I really like flight simulator and others).
I need suggestions for every parts.
my first idea is on

Intel Core i7-3930K

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme ?

GEFORCE GTX670 SC PCIE 4096MB

should I use a quadro 4000 n sli?

16 or 32 ram?

Solution

Yes, but that's your display, *not* for rendering. With iray or VRayRT, you *can* render on the GPU but there are some pretty severe limitations on the renderers.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008

Yes, but that's your display, *not* for rendering. With iray or VRayRT, you *can* render on the GPU but there are some pretty severe limitations on the renderers.

Solution

gptour

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Sorry everyone I was away on business!
if we want to sum up can we say that the best configuration is a Intel Core i7-3930K cpu, Asus P9X79 Deluxe MoBo, 16gb kit Kingston HyperX Genesis X79..

willing to opt for the gaming card I still do not have a definitive answer..
which would you choose a couple of gtx 570 or 670 (I have had different opinions about it)

Finally, which cooling system do you suggest?
which monitor?
which hhd and ssd?
thank you again