[SOLVED] New World 1660 TI Graphics Card temps.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
I get between 81-82 sometimes 83 Celius....I play on Low Settings/1080p. Is this way out of control or should I not worry. I would like to get the temps down tho....tips appreciated.

Solution
it is a Laptop.

should I use a small desk fan?
only options there are turning up the onboard fans to full speed and if the cooling pad allows do the same.

running a small desktop fan directly towards the bottom-rear of the laptop could provide a bit more cool airflow and help remove the heated air quicker before it may get pulled back into the system.
am using a HDTV via HDMI port for a bigger screen....can that affect things?
higher resolutions would require a bit more GPU power but just a larger screen would have no affect.
if leaving the onboard screen disabled while running the external one you may decrease a bit of GPU usage.

you should be fine though, most laptops run quite a bit hotter than decent desktops.
low 80s° is not dangerous to the hardware but is much higher than i would allow my system to run.
the ambient temperature around the system would be much too hot for me.
I would like to get the temps down
you will need to provide information regarding your entire system for any advice on lowering temps;
complete system specs including case,
system-wide cooling(all fan's make & models, positions in the case, their orientation, fan curves in place, etc),
system's placement(cabinet, desk, etc).

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
low 80s° is not dangerous to the hardware but is much higher than i would allow my system to run.
the ambient temperature around the system would be much too hot for me.

you will need to provide information regarding your entire system for any advice on lowering temps;
complete system specs including case,
system-wide cooling(all fan's make & models, positions in the case, their orientation, fan curves in place, etc),
system's placement(cabinet, desk, etc).
hello thanks for the reply

well it is a Laptop. On a cooling pad (also tried it without no difference)....flat desk no heat around.....should I use a small desk fan? Hmmmm that's all I can think of....oh and I am using a HDTV via HDMI port for a bigger screen....can that affect things?

also 9th gen i7
16GB ram

sorry not the best at explaining things please bare with me....ask away as help is appreciated.

it is a Laptop.

should I use a small desk fan?
only options there are turning up the onboard fans to full speed and if the cooling pad allows do the same.

running a small desktop fan directly towards the bottom-rear of the laptop could provide a bit more cool airflow and help remove the heated air quicker before it may get pulled back into the system.
am using a HDTV via HDMI port for a bigger screen....can that affect things?
higher resolutions would require a bit more GPU power but just a larger screen would have no affect.
if leaving the onboard screen disabled while running the external one you may decrease a bit of GPU usage.

you should be fine though, most laptops run quite a bit hotter than decent desktops.

Solution
hello thanks for the reply

well it is a Laptop. On a cooling pad (also tried it without no difference)....flat desk no heat around.....should I use a small desk fan? Hmmmm that's all I can think of....oh and I am using a HDTV via HDMI port for a bigger screen....can that affect things?

also 9th gen i7
16GB ram

sorry not the best at explaining things please bare with me....ask away as help is appreciated.
Make sure the air inlet/exhaust ports are clean.
Sometimes they get plugged with crud.
Can of air and a few shots to each port may help.

Next step is to take the back off and clean the innards.