Newbie Question

DonR

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

My Dell PC runs windows ME and connects via DSL. My laptop has XP. I am
about to buy a router so I can connect my laptop to the internet through the
installed wireless card. Do I need to upgrade the PC to XP? If not, any
special considerations involved?
Thanks,
Don

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

DonR wrote:

> My Dell PC runs windows ME and connects via DSL. My laptop has XP. I am
> about to buy a router so I can connect my laptop to the internet through the
> installed wireless card. Do I need to upgrade the PC to XP?

No, you don't need to upgrade, but you might want to.

> If not, any
> special considerations involved?

Read The Fine Manual that comes with the router.