Newegg order - i dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello dear community,

Few weeks ago i made a purchase of Dell G3 Laptop from newegg. It was my first time using newegg.

Anyway, a couple weeks later i'm getting anf email from newegg which says i have RMA'd my order and i got so confused since i've never received the item i've ordered how could i possibly RMA it?

I emailed back and asked whats up, not much information was given they said something went wrong with the shipment and something about incomplete shipping adress. Now i know for a fact that the shipping adress i've provided is 100% correct and complete and i've used the exact same shipping adress for other purchases online from amazon and other retailers and had no problems at all.

So before letting me know they issued a refund and i received a refund thay was half of the amount i payed. I got so mad but i still was writing nicely and asked what's up. At first the said something about "we dont return shipping costs" which sounded odd since i've never asked to return anything it was all their fault why i need to pay for somebody else bad? Anyway i left that aside since the shipping cost was little near the amount that was missing.

I've payed 926.87$ including tax and shipping
The shipping cost was 67.51$
And the amount they refunded is 640.25$

So i told them that we will talk about refunding the shipping cost later what about the rest that is missing?

They said they will ask the seller about the restocking fee or something. The seller says it's neweggs responsibility and newegg is saying it's the seller'd and i'm screwed and i dont know what to do.

Any suggestions of what can i do?
Thanks in advanced, Afik.

It sounds like an awful first experience. I never had such an experience with newegg.com.
If the case goes the way you describe it, my suggestion is claiming the whole amount with your credit card provider. They have a better way of handling those issues.

4745454b

Titan
USA? Due to covid there is a lot of shipping issues right now. I could see something be cancelled due to this. But you shouldn't have to eat anything. Demand to speak to someone. You should get your $926 back.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
It sounds like an awful first experience. I never had such an experience with newegg.com.
If the case goes the way you describe it, my suggestion is claiming the whole amount with your credit card provider. They have a better way of handling those issues.
Hay, thanks for replying.
I've checkedout through paypal that is connected to my debit card. Should i talk with my visa company or paypal?

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
USA? Due to covid there is a lot of shipping issues right now. I could see something be cancelled due to this. But you shouldn't have to eat anything. Demand to speak to someone. You should get your $926 back.
Thank you so much for replying.
I'm getting "drive" from this comment(positive) i shouldn't give up on this. I know i'm right and i wont stop until i recieve all my money back including the shipping cost.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Did you buy from actual Newegg (Sold and Shipped by), or a 3rd party seller on Newegg?
Hay, thanks for your reply.
I bought from a 3rd party seller on newegg.
And as i mentioned in the main post they are blaming each other...

USAFRet

Titan
Hay, thanks for your reply.
I bought from a 3rd party seller on newegg.
And as i mentioned in the main post they are blaming each other...
Then your primary point of contact is the 3rd party seller.
Ask them for specifics on the RMA request.
Then, ask Newegg the same.

One or the other should be able to provide some specific paperwork stating who and when.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
You can surely do Chargeback with both Credit or Debit Card. Good luck.
Hay, i made contact with my card provider they said they wont be able to help in this case since the seller refunded part of the total amount. It feels like the seller knows what he's doing. I realy feel like i fell to a scam on newegg.

Hay, i made contact with my card provider they said they wont be able to help in this case since the seller refunded part of the total amount. It feels like the seller knows what he's doing. I realy feel like i fell to a scam on newegg.
Since you have never got the product, they will have to refund all the nickels and dimes. I would check this page.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I really hate to hear you are having to deal with this. My experience with Newegg as a seller has been 100% positive. I have had mixed results from 3rd party and I always look very closely at the percentage on reviews. Much like with eBay if it isn't 100% or nearly so I won't do business with them.
I really am not sure but it almost seems like PayPal would step in with buyer protection on this but as above having used your debit card may change the protections in place.

I know that in a "normal" circumstance when you add shipping info they would also ask for a contact phone. Any issue with delivery and they can contact you. On top of that your PayPal address should be confirmed both through them, as well as through the shipper they used to send the item. In my own case I had an incorrect addy for a person and both PayPal and USPS caught the mistake. This sounds a lot like you are being scammed.

USAFRet

Titan
I really hate to hear you are having to deal with this. My experience with Newegg as a seller has been 100% positive. I have had mixed results from 3rd party and I always look very closely at the percentage on reviews.
As a purchaser, I've had 100% success except for ONE buy from a third party last year.

This sounds a lot like you are being scammed.
I think the same.

4745454b

Titan
More so if it never shipped. Newegg might say you have to deal with the 3rd party, but if you can show them it never shipped and they failed to refund you, they should take them off their platform. Won't help you get the money back but at least they won't keep scamming people.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hay, Thank you all for your replies.
I'm continiously speaking with both newegg and the 3rd party seller.
The seller actually cooperating better then newegg's support that provided me with half answers for my questions and leaved me confused.
As for the seller i've made contact with him once again and he said that he sees that the order was returned to the sender and sent to the newegg facility to be refunded and that he will make contact with newegg to perform a full refund and he asked me to ask for a full refund aswell. Even though i already did i asked once again for a full refund and also asked newegg to validate that the seller indeed asked to perform a full refund and they have said the he has indeed asked to do that.
I still haven't received a full refund and it seems unreal to me that i have to wait for my money so long.
Also today newegg sent me this mail after i asked them something :
"
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I show that our agent has sent a request to our Marketplace team to have them assist you on 5/18/2020. It normally takes up to 7-10 business days to process, but most of the times it's much faster. Once we receive a response, one of our helpdesk representatives will follow up directly with you within 1 business day
"

I haven't responded to that, he said "7 to 10 days and most of the times it's much faster" haven't received anything about that yet but i will wait for day 10 to respond, i hope they aren't trying to stretch time till this become irrelevant.

Thank you all very much, i appreciate all the support and info that you gave!

Status
Not open for further replies.