michealrp

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I'm not one to normally post negative feedback but I feel that folks need to be very aware of the shipping policies that NewEgg has with UPS.

I recently purchased a CPU and mainboard from NewEgg, it was shipped via UPS and left on my door step and flagged as delivered. My wife was home, not a knock on the door or any indication that they'd been there except for the email that I received that it had been delivered. I asked my wife to go outside and check the package and she couldn't find it.

I contacted NewEgg and put in a claim and found out that their policy is to NOT require a signature on deliveries of ANY product that they sell. It's left to the drivers discretion to require one. Granted, it was a cpu and mainboard, but it could have just as easily been a much more expensive shipment. I just thought folks should be aware of this. To obtain a signature, their standard response is to contact the shipper (UPS) to require one. Contacting UPS will get you a response of "The shipper has the option to request a signature for delivery" and that's pretty much all they'll tell me. Just thought that folks should be aware of that. There's a possibility that I will be out the money of the shipment as it was flagged as delivered and no signature was required.

retiredguru

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Well Newcomer be glad your product was delivered on time. I live in the USA and I ordered something "2 day Air" on Wednseday (supposedly after business hours) I paid for "Rush Service" and am to receive it on Monday, 5 days later. If I was told it was going to take 5 days I would have did an overnight ship. (I was trying to save a little $$$. ) When I called and asked why I paid for Rush Service and 2 day air, I got a "it's 2 business day"s sir" I said "your missing my point, I paid for 2 day delivery and am getting it in 5, why did I pay for 2 day air when you can't deliver?" She said "Oh I agree with you sir, but it's 2 buisiness days" Long story short, I paid for quick delivery and New Egg can't deliver it. I wanted to build my new computer over the weekend and now I cant because of the delay. I asked for a shipping refund and got none. My satisfaction rate with NewEgg at this point is pretty close to Zero. I wonder if Tiger Direct is any better...