Question Newer games crashing with old card due to out of date drivers

Mar 5, 2022
My old GTX 770 2gb has been crashing a lot lately and giving me driver errors in newer games since nvidia stopped driver support. the performance of the card is good enough but it's just annoying when it crashes. is there a workaround to get newer drivers or will I just have to get a new card?

Mar 5, 2022
Sorry that I haven't responded sooner, my power supply is an rm750 and it has more than enough headroom for this card so I don't think its that, none of the other components are failing in any way and i've checked the cables which are all working properly.
The sort of games that it crashes on are sea of thieves and battlefield 5 but i expect that if i played some other new games it would crash as well. im running them at 1080p low settings and the game is running perfectly fine, no stutters or frame drops. the utilisation is at 100% but the vram (2gb) isn't full according to msi afterburner overlay which i have turned on sometimes as well as temps being at about 75 degrees celcius. Both of these games give me a graphics driver error when they crash and tell me to update to latest drivers, but due to nvidia discontinuing newer drivers for my card I can't get the latest ones. I'm thinking that I might just have to bite the bullet and get a new card, probably one of the lower end ones from the new ones coming out later this year.