Newly build pc blank screen

stari_

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I just built my pc (gigabyte H110 S2H GSM motherboard, cpu= i5-6600k LGA1151 gpu= evga geforce gtx 750 power supply = iso switching power supplot model iso-400)

When i boot up the pc everything sounds normal fans work harddrive boots up no random beeps, however the scrren remains blank. the monitor take a while scnning the hdmi port that i am plugged into which tells me it knows something is there but i still get no signal.

Solution
Is your CPU power connected?
Only reason I ask is because I had a friend with the same problem, and it was because he forgot to connect his CPU power.

stari_

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

yes it is i tried both motherboard and graphics card also used both vga and hdmi

Sezmia

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
Is your CPU power connected?
Only reason I ask is because I had a friend with the same problem, and it was because he forgot to connect his CPU power.

Solution

stari_

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

no luck it scans what ever hdmi port i plug it in longer then the others then says no signal

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
Its unlikely to be anything serious.

1. If you assembled everything yourself then unplug everything, plug it back in and try again.
2. If it still doesnt work trying booting up with just your onboard graphics not your GPU. Once you have it running once then turn off, plug in the GPU and try again.

I once had a similar problem where it took me 4 hours to realise my GPU wanting two lots of power cables plugging in. I had another where I realised I hadn't plugged the hard drive in. Trust me, spastic moments like these are common with new builds.

TRENDING THREADS