Question Newly build PC glitching/crashing constantly.

JollyJed

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys,

The PC is glitching like in the picture and crashing, when I open a game it runs for a few minutes then fully crashes, during a stress test it was going fine until I closed it and then the PC crashed. All drivers are up to date and the PC was professional built so I'm unsure what it could be? Only other thing is the PSU came with an US cable but I don't have an adapter so I'm using the AU one from my old PC.

PC SPECS:

650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
1TB M.2 SSD
Asetek 650LS High Performance Liquid Cooling
Intel Core i5-10600K
325GB (2x16GB) DDR4
GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB
Metallicgear Neo V2

View: https://imgur.com/8FrVkKN

Thankyou guys!

Last edited:

JollyJed

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
Temps? For the CPU, GPU, and board if possible. Voltages? Software is ok, checked with a multimeter is better. What 650W PSU do you have? Which windows? Fresh install?

Hey mate thanks for the response, not sure on exact temps but computer hasn't been able to be on long enough before getting remotely high, the PSU is a 650w bronze evga, windows 10 and yes fresh install, computer was also tested before being sent apparently so could something of happened during shipping?

JollyJed

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
When you turn the system on it runs as normal till you start a game correct?

"Only other thing is the PSU came with an US cable"

If you use a different plug type than the power from the outlet may be lower output?

I have turned it on multiple times, sometimes the screen is glitchy before opening a game or anything and sometimes not, but its the game that crashes it, I ran furmark for 5 minutes and it didn't crash until i closed furmark down. This is my thought as well, im just not sure if it would cause this sort of problem?

4745454b

Titan
You can edit posts to keep all the into in one. Posting like you did is considered bumping and not allowed on this forum.

If it was shipped the heatsinks might have worked loose. It could be heating up faster than you realize. I'd look into the temps. You can use HWmonitor to do this.

Reactions: JollyJed

JollyJed

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
You can edit posts to keep all the into in one. Posting like you did is considered bumping and not allowed on this forum.

If it was shipped the heatsinks might have worked loose. It could be heating up faster than you realize. I'd look into the temps. You can use HWmonitor to do this.

Apologies mate ill do that in future! ok ill get that and see what happens, is there anything specific i should be looking at temps/voltage wise?