newly built pc complications

Rafael Oliveira

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
I have just built my second pc and while there were some bumps along the way, it was a success. I've just installed windows 7 and some drivers for hardware then turned off the computer. When i came back and tried to turn it on, nothing would display at all. after a couple tries of turning it off and on, i got a blue screen. I then turned the computer off and now i am here at the tomshardware forums :p

specs:
2TB 7,200 RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Disk Drive Refurbished

FX 9590 Black Edition Vishera 4.7GHz Eight-Core Socket AM3+ Boxed Processor

GeForce GTX 1050 Overclocked WINDFORCE 2GB GDDR5 Video Card

Hyper T2 Compact CPU Cooler with Dual Looped Direct Contact Heatpipes

M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ mATX AMD Motherboard

PNY DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz (PC3-10666) CAS 9 1.5V PC Memory Desktop Kit (MD8192KD3-1333)

Corsair CX Series, CX600, 600 Watt (600W) Power Supply

Solution
A FX9590 recommends a 1000W power supply, liquid cooling, and requires a select set of 990FX motherboards. You don't meet any of those criteria. I am surprised it EVER booted. That motherboard only has a 4 pin CPU supplemental power which is not enough for that CPU. The highest wattage CPU supported on that motherboard is 125W.
You need either a different CPU or different motherboard. You should have asked here BEFORE buying that CPU. You would have been strongly discouraged.

kanewolf

Titan
A FX9590 recommends a 1000W power supply, liquid cooling, and requires a select set of 990FX motherboards. You don't meet any of those criteria. I am surprised it EVER booted. That motherboard only has a 4 pin CPU supplemental power which is not enough for that CPU. The highest wattage CPU supported on that motherboard is 125W.
You need either a different CPU or different motherboard. You should have asked here BEFORE buying that CPU. You would have been strongly discouraged.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan
Not really. That board uses a very weal vrm setup and will struggle with a 125w and usually have throttling issues.. Even a 95w octo core may run into throttling issues. Theres slso a chance the boards VRMs have been irreparably damaged by trying to run the 220w 9590.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
That motherboard will not even run a 125w cpu FX, much less a 220w FX. Is it too late to send that cpu and motherboard back? You would be much better off going in a different direction altogether. If not, getting rid of that 9590 is still the answer no matter what. I would probably go for a FX6300 if you can't return the parts.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Is there any way you can return everything you bought, because between the refurbished hard drive, the 9590 with 760G motherboard, and the CX PSU, literally everything you bought aside from the GTX 1050 is garbage. Not your fault you didn't know better. But I would box all that stuff up and get it out of your house, then come back here with a budget and we will set you up with something WAY better.