[SOLVED] Newly built PC has very bad mic quality

Feb 10, 2019
Hey everyone,

Been looking for others with similar situations to me and I haven’t been able to find one through my research.

I recently built my first PC (it somehow didn’t explode) and everything about it has been great. I’ve only had two issues, but the one I’m concerned with at the moment is my mic quality. Ever since finishing the PC and hopping into discord with my friends they’ve said I sound like I am using a WW2 radio instead of my usual good headset.

I don’t think it’s my drivers.
Could my MoBo not work properly with USB based microphones?
Could the MoBo have a faulty sound card?
Would I have better luck using the audio jacks in the front/back as opposed to USB based connections?
Did I not plug in something properly on the MoBo? (Like those little tiny rectangle things, there were like 7/8 of them and I don’t know if they’re properly placed.)

Is there any proper ways I am able to diagnose which parts aren’t working properly?

Cheers,
Mark

Solution

Okay I fixed it! Your comment helped a ton, the volume itself wasn't the issue but in the advanced tab of the menus I found out I had a setting of "telephone" quality at 8000Hz and is now upped to "DVD" quality with 48,000Hz.

Thanks!
Feb 10, 2019

Okay I fixed it! Your comment helped a ton, the volume itself wasn't the issue but in the advanced tab of the menus I found out I had a setting of "telephone" quality at 8000Hz and is now upped to "DVD" quality with 48,000Hz.

Thanks!

Solution