Newly built PC not showing any signs of life

Nov 9, 2018
Hello there,
I have just ordered and received components to build a new PC. When the parts arrived I assembled the following system:

MSI A320M PRO-VD/S
AMD Athlon 200 GE (/w stock cooler)
1x G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Vega 3 iGPU
Samsung HD200HJ

During the build I took all the precautions I know (such as grounding myself, not touching sensitive parts of the components, etc.). I plugged the PSUs 24-pin and 4/8-pin plugs into the appropriate headers on the board and then the PSU "into the wall". It is an old PSU (2007) and it does not have an On-Switch on the back, in case you were wondering. However, the system showed no signs of power, no fans were spinning, no LEDs lit up.
Initially, I suspected the problem to be, that i used a 4-pin connector on an 8-pin CPU Power socket. So I borrowed a friends known-to-work PSU for testing which has an 8-pin but that brought no success. We then installed my old PSU into his system and it started up just fine, so the PSU is probably not at fault. Then I tried shorting the Power Switch on the Front Panel, again without a result.
I contacted MSI and their support suggested sending them the board for a BIOS Update. Do you guys agree or is there anything else I may have missed? I appreciate the help.

Nov 9, 2018
Thanks for the replies, guys. So the outdated BIOS causes the whole system to not power up? I was kinda expecting at least the Debug LEDs to light up...