Question Newly built PC powers off all the time

Feb 15, 2023
I've recently built a new PC, my first one, and whenever I try to do something more complicated than looking at an internet browser it powers off. I can't install any new software or access Steam to play any games. I am using an old HDD from my previous PC but I'm unsure if that's the issue.

Specs are

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2
PSU: NZXT C650

I don't know the exact make of my HDD just that's a Seagate one and is 6.5 years old. I checked in the BIOS settings and it was saying my CPU is at 95 degrees C.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you pass on your ram kit used as well? Also, might want to check and recheck the cooler's mounting to the CPU/motherboard. Often times an abrupt shutdown can be either due to a thermal issue(overheating) or a power issue(PSU can't provide enough power to the entire build). Make and model of your case and it's airflow/fan orientation? BIOS version for your motherboard? What cooler are you working with? If you're working with an aftermarket cooler, check to see if the protective tape is yet there.

You're working with a single HDD that's 6.5 years old?

Feb 15, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you pass on your ram kit used as well? Also, might want to check and recheck the cooler's mounting to the CPU/motherboard. Often times an abrupt shutdown can be either due to a thermal issue(overheating) or a power issue(PSU can't provide enough power to the entire build). Make and model of your case and it's airflow/fan orientation? BIOS version for your motherboard? What cooler are you working with? If you're working with an aftermarket cooler, check to see if the protective tape is yet there.

You're working with a single HDD that's 6.5 years old?
My RAM is from the same PC that the HDD is from and I added a Samsung 870 QVO SSD to the build as well, was going to move things over to it. As for the case it's an NZXT H5 Flow. Its got two fans standard, one at the back oriented vertically and one in the bottom that faces up at an angle. The cooler I'm using on my CPU is also the one that it came with as well. The BIOS version is version FB

Feb 15, 2023
I've managed to fix the issue. Turns out I was being blind and missed one of the connectors for the fans, it had been strapped to the inside of the case and I never saw it. Connected it and now everything's working again.

Sorry for the hassle over something that eventually came down to my own blindness, thanks for trying to help though.