[SOLVED] Newly Built PC Started Randomly Shutting Off

Feb 23, 2021
Long story short, my newly built PC turns off randomly even when its idling. This didn't happen for the first week or so since I first booted it up. Everything inside the machine will turn off except for the RAM's RGB. The power button does not work so in order to completely shut off the machine I have to power cycle the PSU. It is also worth noting that I have not finished this build, as it still lacks exhaust fans but the case has enough airflow to compensate for it.

The specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI MAG B550 ATX TOMAHAWK Motherboard

1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2

Corsair RM750 PSU

Nvidia ROG STRIX RTX 3070

G.SKILL TridentZ for AMD 16GB ( 2 x 8 sticks) 3600 MHz

In terms for cooling as of now, I have a NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO with 3 intake fans attached to the radiator. I have a graphite pad on the CPU that cools it down very good. I have 3 Corsair QL120 fans that are being shipped and arriving soon that will all become exhaust fans. I have tried a vast amount of troubleshooting steps and any other help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Here is a very bad photo of what it looks like when it shuts off: View: https://imgur.com/a/hoJurcj

Forgot to include that it always happens randomly. I can't find anything that would cause it to turn off by poking at it with a stick. Some days it will go a full day with no turn offs, some days it will turn off 3-4 times back to back.

Long story short, my newly built PC turns off randomly even when its idling. This didn't happen for the first week or so since I first booted it up. Everything inside the machine will turn off except for the RAM's RGB. The power button does not work so in order to completely shut off the machine I have to power cycle the PSU. It is also worth noting that I have not finished this build, as it still lacks exhaust fans but the case has enough airflow to compensate for it.

The specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI MAG B550 ATX TOMAHAWK Motherboard

1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2

Corsair RM750 PSU

Nvidia ROG STRIX RTX 3070

G.SKILL TridentZ for AMD 16GB ( 2 x 8 sticks) 3600 MHz

In terms for cooling as of now, I have a NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO with 3 intake fans attached to the radiator. I have a graphite pad on the CPU that cools it down very good. I have 3 Corsair QL120 fans that are being shipped and arriving soon that will all become exhaust fans. I have tried a vast amount of troubleshooting steps and any other help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Here is a very bad photo of what it looks like when it shuts off: View: https://imgur.com/a/hoJurcj

Forgot to include that it always happens randomly. I can't find anything that would cause it to turn off by poking at it with a stick. Some days it will go a full day with no turn offs, some days it will turn off 3-4 times back to back.
Why why why are there no exahst fans with a top mount rad..... The fans should be on the bottom pushing the air out....

Feb 23, 2021
Why why why are there no exahst fans with a top mount rad..... The fans should be on the bottom pushing the air out....
Yes, this is constantly on my mind as a potential fix. I stated in the post that I have exhaust fans on their way and that is where they will go. However temps on the CPU are 34C while the GPU is usually no more than 50-55 under load in most games. The case has holes in the back, bottom, and two in the back by the PSU. So heat can escape, just not being pushed out. I posted asking just for any other trouble shooting tips to be SURE it is not just an ambient temperature issue.

Yes, this is constantly on my mind as a potential fix. I stated in the post that I have exhaust fans on their way and that is where they will go. However temps on the CPU are 34C while the GPU is usually no more than 50-55 under load in most games. The case has holes in the back, bottom, and two in the back by the PSU. So heat can escape, just not being pushed out. I posted asking just for any other trouble shooting tips to be SURE it is not just an ambient temperature issue.
Run this please and post a link to your results.