[SOLVED] Newly built pc won't boot into bios

Randomguy454

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
I just built this PC, specs at bottom, and it starts, the fans run and the speaker beeps once but nothing shows up on the monitor. I've looked into it and I think I have to update my BIOS but I can't find anything on how to update it if I can't access the first one. I found the update on the Aorus website, but I don't know how to get it to the MB. Can I just put it on any old USB and plug it in and it'll do all the work? I only have SD cards on me, is that fine or should I go buy a specific USB? I don't have any extra PCs sitting around if I need that to update it, everyone I know has laptops now. I might be able to use my parents but that's 60 miles away so I'd rather find a different option if I can.

Honestly I don't know if this is even the problem. Yes, I've gone through that forum about what to do before you post, and I've also put it together like 3 times to see if I did something wrong so I don't think it's a plug issue. But I've never done this before so idk.

Specs:
MB: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Armor
PSU: EVGA 500 GD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX

That should be all you'd need, but I got more if you want it.

Oh, and the MB says it's compatible with 3rd gen Ryzens and the F40 update says it's for them, but it has instructions that I don't think I can do without it booting.

marauder144

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
I just built this PC, specs at bottom, and it starts, the fans run and the speaker beeps once but nothing shows up on the monitor. I've looked into it and I think I have to update my BIOS but I can't find anything on how to update it if I can't access the first one. I found the update on the Aorus website, but I don't know how to get it to the MB. Can I just put it on any old USB and plug it in and it'll do all the work? I only have SD cards on me, is that fine or should I go buy a specific USB? I don't have any extra PCs sitting around if I need that to update it, everyone I know has laptops now. I might be able to use my parents but that's 60 miles away so I'd rather find a different option if I can.

Honestly I don't know if this is even the problem. Yes, I've gone through that forum about what to do before you post, and I've also put it together like 3 times to see if I did something wrong so I don't think it's a plug issue. But I've never done this before so idk.

Specs:
MB: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Armor
PSU: EVGA 500 GD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX

That should be all you'd need, but I got more if you want it.

Oh, and the MB says it's compatible with 3rd gen Ryzens and the F40 update says it's for them, but it has instructions that I don't think I can do without it booting.
How are you connecting the computer to the monitor? I have a Ryzen 3700x and they do not have onboard graphics. I needed to connect my GPU to my monitor via HDMI to get a signal.

Also make sure your RAM is in the right slot per the motherboard manual. Mine didn't boot because I had the RAM in the wrong slot. DIMMA1, which is usually the second slot closest to the CPU, is where it needs to go.

Randomguy454

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
How are you connecting the computer to the monitor? I have a Ryzen 3700x and they do not have onboard graphics. I needed to connect my GPU to my monitor via HDMI to get a signal.

Also make sure your RAM is in the right slot per the motherboard manual. Mine didn't boot because I had the RAM in the wrong slot. DIMMA1, which is usually the second slot closest to the CPU, is where it needs to go.

I have it through HDMI to the MB. I've tried all of the options for the RAM. I have 2-8GB sticks so I've tried the 1&3 slots and the 2&4 slots. Someone even said try 1 stick in all 4 slots, didn't work.

Randomguy454

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
Okay, I'll go through the whole process now, if I have any problems show up I'll reply again. Thanks a lot, it was something so small bit I bet it saved me another day of messing around until I'd notice lol.

PS, I'm eating dinner now so it might be awhile.