Newly Installed GPU randoly loses HDMI Connection While Gaming.

Fruhstuck

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hello,

I just installed an Asus Strix GTX 970 as an upgrade from a Gigabyte GTX 670. The card runs fine except that after playing video games for awhile my computer screen will go black and say "No HDMI Connection." Nothing can get the HDMI connection back that I've tried. The only thing I can do is to restart my PC and then it runs fine again until the same issue happens.

It only seems to do this if I'm playing video games. My Window's Event log displays a Kernal-Power critical error with an event ID 43 in task 63. This is the second GPU card of the same kind I had shipped to me. I thought it was a bad card, but now this means it's probably my system. Also, if I reinstall my old card the problem no longer occurs.

System Specs:

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970
CPU: Intel I-5 3570k
PSU: Corsair TX750
RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws 1600 4x4 GB
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK
SSD 1: Samsung 500 gb
SSD 2: Adata 130 gb
HDD: Western Digital 1 tb Caviar Black

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Have you done anything with the the BIOS and mobo drivers? They are there for a purpose which is to improve hardware compatibility with other components - . Sorry but think I'm out of this, it's sort of a waste of our time if you are just going to ignore the suggestions made.

Fruhstuck

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I'll definitely check it out, but it might worth looking at this forum post I found. It could be a driver issue. Some others have posted similar issues stemming from this Window's event error ID 10016. The error description reads

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

According to the posters, the problem will be solved by allowing the registry files to be read as an admin.

Here's the link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom/130522d2-beac-4495-980a-65e1e3279901?auth=1

Thanks by the way for helping me troubleshoot this. You get awesome points with me!

Fruhstuck

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Update, So the error just happened again and I logged the exact Eventlog errors prior to the critical error. From 11:10:10 pm to 11:10:14 pm it spammed Source: nvlddmkm Event Id 13. Then at 11:10:14 pm it had two Application error event id's 1000 task category 100. Finally, it had a critical Kernal-Power event id 41 task category 63 occur. My PC then disconnected from HDMI and I had to restart.

I'm getting the impression it's a driver issue even though I did a clean install.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Have you done anything with the the BIOS and mobo drivers? They are there for a purpose which is to improve hardware compatibility with other components - . Sorry but think I'm out of this, it's sort of a waste of our time if you are just going to ignore the suggestions made.

Solution