Question Newly Installed Memory Card Causing Game Crash

Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello:)

I recently installed two 16GB HyperX Fury ram, and running them along with two of my old 8GB HyperX.
They are both 3466 Mhz, the only difference I noticed is the new 16GB is an updated version.
But when I trying to launch GTA V, these new rams crashes my game. After I remove the two 16GB ram, the game runs fine with two old 8GB rams.
I'm wondering is there a compatibility issue between these two rams? I don't think there should be, if my motherboard can support the 3466Mhz 8GB ram then it should be able to handle the new 16GB rams.
I'm not sure what's the issue here...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I recently installed two 16GB HyperX Fury ram, and running them along with two of my old 8GB HyperX.
There is likely your problem.

Mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility, and can cause all manner of issues when they are mixed. Even if you buy EXACTLY the same make and model RAM in every way, they are mixed modules. As the manufacturing process is both delicate, changes frequently, and is very vulnerable to small changes, this is why they're sold in packs, as they're the only modules guaranteed to work together.

Myself and a mod talk about it quite a bit in this guide here in the comments section, but you can also see point 4: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Reactions: unitedOrange
u see mainboard maybe supports those speeds, but ram modulees must be setup correctly in order to work without errors
RAM modules have several timing /clock speed configurations to support as many mainboards as possible
starting with slowpoke JEDEC speed/timings (2133,2400MHz) up to XMP (overclock profile)
this XMP is setup to work with sticks u bough, if u bough 2 sticks (pair), timing are setup for 2 sticks
if u mix two different pairs, XMP in 99,9% will produce errors
so u can reduce clock an be happy with XMP (at lower clock) or fine tune manualy ram timings

Reactions: unitedOrange

TRENDING THREADS