[SOLVED] Newly installed ram not recognized

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Presumably you added a new stick in and mixed it with an old stick? If so then firstly there is no guarantee that the RAM modules will work together, even if they work on another machine. RAM is only guaranteed compatibility in the form sold (from the same physical pack). So it could simply be the modules are not behaving nicely together.

• Have you installed them as per the motherboard manual?
  • Have you tried running each RAM module individually in each slot to verify it's not a slot problem?
  • Have you reset CMOS?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Presumably you added a new stick in and mixed it with an old stick? If so then firstly there is no guarantee that the RAM modules will work together, even if they work on another machine. RAM is only guaranteed compatibility in the form sold (from the same physical pack). So it could simply be the modules are not behaving nicely together.

• Have you tried running each RAM module individually in each slot to verify it's not a slot problem?
  • Have you reset CMOS?

Solution
The kind of combination of sticks you describe have no guarantee to be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

That sort of trial and error compatibility testing can be expensive if you prefer using random sticks.

Nov 7, 2019

• Have you reset CMOS?
thx for reply . will reset CMOS today