Question Newly installed RAM not showing up properly in CPUZ, but looks fine in BIOS ?

woctafu

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
To the point I recently installed a new Motherboard (Gigabyte b650 gaming x ax v2), Memory (GSkill 32GB 2 x 16GB) and a AMD 7800. Everything looks and works well and fine but as I was mucking about in CPUZ I noticed the memory tab is completely blank. Is this a sensor erorr since I'm worried I am not actually getting my dual channel. I installed the sticks in the proper slots as well. The BIOs shows the sticks fine in the proper slots so I'm *assuming* it's on CPU-Z's end and something isnt wrong with my new components.

bAezQja.png

ck1Mcv0.jpeg

woctafu

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
A small update. I installed the latest version of CPU-Z and I was met with a filled out memory tab. Though it still says blank on Dual Channel which is.. strange?

Mx5mK64.png

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, what slots did you use? A2 and B2 should work for dual channel...

4800 CL40 is pretty slow too. Any reason for that memory? Or is there more under SPD tab there and you haven't flipped on EXPO or XMP?

woctafu

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
Haven't flipped on XMP because I forgot to mostly. Though I do have an 850W PSU, and the calculators put it in range of the Hardware I use. Will I risk any issues if I flip it on? Also, HWInfo64 is showing dual channel so I guess mystery solved?

aJRyZA4.png