Next Batman Arkham Game to Be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Im really hating this trend in the gaming industry where publishers get a very good new IP that sells good, then when the series ends they want to milk it more and bring up prequels out of nowhere. God of War, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, Batman, etc. this is getting real stupid.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Like bust said.
It seems the whole movie/music/gaming industry seems to be in a dryspell of new ideas. For the past 10 years we have seen remakes and sequels of the same dead horse. Yes, occasionally there is new stuff out there but it is few and far between...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Not like we have loads of other GOOD superhero games to choice from...

You would have a point if it was another FPS, but it's not.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]I would like to see a half-life prequel, maybe.[/citation]

Gordon was a theoretical physicist working at the fictional Black Mesa Research Facility. Not much excitement there.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Im really hating this trend in the gaming industry where publishers get a very good new IP that sells good, then when the series ends they want to milk it more and bring up prequels out of nowhere. God of War, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, Batman, etc. this is getting real stupid.[/citation]
Trend? That's what the movie and videogame businesses are all about since the dawn of time! It's up to us to dig our way to all that crap and find what's really worth watching and playing. And I'm pretty sure game will be! :)

G

Why is this happening why cant they just make a sequel to arkham city 1950s batman sucks I perfer the darker batman from 80s 90s and today. dose this mean that when i punch someone the word Pow is going to fly on the screen in big red letters

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i hope i can control more female characters this time around. i thoroughly enjoyed playing as catwoman in bac. let us play as batgirl, huntress, and batwoman in this prequel.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]I would like to see a half-life prequel, maybe.[/citation]knowing Valve hate number "3", prequel might have higher chance to be make than Half-life 3

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]newbie_mcnoob[/nom]Too bad Mark Hamill has retired from voicing The Joker. Maybe they can get him back if they cough up enough money.[/citation]

i read somwhere that he will only reprise his role as the Joker if Paul Dini wrote the script. there is still hope.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]How about more DC characters? Imagine playing say Superman, Green Lantern or something? Wonder Woman would be fun.[/citation]
Anything except Aquaman. He sucks.

Massacher

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
oh fuck yes this sounds awesome. the Batman comics of the 1950s are before my time. and i could have tracked them down to read the back story but i haven't and it would cost a lot of money to get those issues.
so this is the next best thing!! OMG!!! i can't wait. thoroughly enjoyed the previous two games. will be a day 1 purchase for me!!!

G

thats stupid they should just continue the series cause there already setting things up for a sequel then there gonna pull this crap on me with a prequel talk about messing everything up its bad enough tht this is the only good superhero game which is fine i guess since im a die hard batman fan but common please dont mess it up

Status
Not open for further replies.