Next-Gen Cortana Assistant Could Come to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could? At build they all but said that it is coming to Windows and Xbox, and may go so far as to offer plugins for Bing to make it available on other platforms down the line. Cortana is pretty good for Windows Phone, and every few weeks the voice is more and more like Jen Taylor's which is awesome. The voice recognition (which was already well ahead of iOS and Android) is much improved over WP8's stock offering, even when on less than ideal situations (like in a car using a headset). By the time this thing is out of beta and is on multiple platforms it is going to be the best option available by far... and this from a person who generally dislikes voice commands and clunky digital assistants.

Cortana is no Clippy.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I don`t own an iphone, so no siri for me, but i never felt the need to talk to my galaxy phone to do something for me... so.. i don`t get it, why do people feel the need to talk to their devices to do stuff ?

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
"We also own the search experience, which is one of the premier and most used experiences in Windows."

What? I $%&%%$% hate the search system in Windows. Can´t find my stuff. I had to install other solutions and now I find my stuff.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I don`t own an iphone, so no siri for me, but i never felt the need to talk to my galaxy phone to do something for me... so.. i don`t get it, why do people feel the need to talk to their devices to do stuff ?
because if the voice is accurate enough, it is faster to get the specific task finish than going through a few UI hoops to get what u want the phone to do it for u?

Hell... if this thing come to desktop, I might be able to eat noodles with my both hands while operating my computer from distance. XD

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
if they come to Desktop windows, I wish she is 10 times smarter using our powerful CPU for AI.
If she come to Desktop Windows she shouldn't use your CPU at all, she should pipe your command to the Cloud where a vast server farm with do huge AI and then feed the results back to you

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
The problem with all these things is that they don't work well enough to be actually useful. Siri, Kinect, Wii, you name it. Good luck getting your assistant of choice to play some jazz with "John Coal Train".

Yaldenski

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Actually, Cortana understands me perfectly when I say: "Cortana, play John Coltrane" and English is not even my first language (I have a slight accent).

squish8294

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Cortana Voice Recognition on the Google Search engine. Now that'd be some powerful stuff; add to that the ability to run your pc using voice only with Cortana Voice Recognition and powered by Google... That's an idea I'd like to see.

thomaseron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea... ;)
*cough* skynet *cough*

Could be interresting though, if I can choose search provider and browser for myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS