"Next Gen" / DirectX 10 Graphics Cards?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
it is no excuse saying he is new as that would only be more reason to do a search IMO.

Well its too bad for you that the world does not revolve around you and your opinions. I absolutley despise smart ass people like you who jump on any and everyone and call them idiots just because they dont do things the way you think they should be done! you need to get over that shit and get over it now!

The guy is NEW PERIOD and he was most likely just a little excited and anxious to get an answere and therefore posted something without really looking first, it happens to us all every now and then especially with NEW PEOPLE.

While I will agree EVERYONE even NEW people should use the search function I dont agree with your smart ass attitude and name calling of people (idiot) just because he didnt search. You could just kindly inform him of the search without being such a PRICK about it. At least that way he feels welcomed here as we all should.

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
all questions are welcomed here.
No....they're not n00b:roll:

<>No....they're not<>

could we see some ID please? if you really are czar of the universe, then of course all your edicts and commands and rules shall be followed :)

and of course, no more dumb questions from the great unwashed :wink:

first, let's see the badge. heh!!

something tells me you and strangeboy don't have any authority other than in your own deluded minds. have a nice day!

NEXT :arrow:

could we see some ID please? if you really are czar of the universe, then of course all your edicts and commands and rules shall be followed :)

No badge first, stop dumb questions first for the sake of everyone.
Then I'll show you my badge and give you a cookie.

something tells me you and strangeboy don't have any authority other than in your own deluded minds. have a nice day!

But then again who are you to say that as well?

"ALL QUESTIONS..."?

How about questions about your Momma?
What about questions about financing through Ditech?

Still think ALL questions are welcome !?!?! :tongue:

Breman

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
To all thouse takeing this "OMG he's F'ing stupid, and didn't look to see if this had be all ready posted." BS a little too seriously:

take a Valium, get a B/J and chill out. Yes he didn't bother to check to see if there as all ready a post about it so what.

Anoying: yes

End of the Known Univerise: I shure as hell hope not.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
screw you both. i've just had enough of lazy ass posters who spam these forums with useless questions that have been asked a million times.

It's amazing how many jerks populate these forums.

Google is for research.
Forums are for questions.

Any question posted here could be found using a google query, probably easier even than the forum searches. Easier is they key: it's easier to post a question and get an answer than to search through 100 obscure results (google or otherwise) looking for information relevant to the question.

It is much easier to spend 10 seconds answering a question you feel is "dumb" than ranting 20 times on every question you feel is dumb. So really, who is showing the lack of intelligence here? The person asking a simple question, or the person wasting hours of his life complaining about it?

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006

No badge first, stop dumb questions first for the sake of everyone.
Then I'll show you my badge and give you a cookie.

But then again who are you to say that as well?

"ALL QUESTIONS..."?

How about questions about your Momma?
What about questions about financing through Ditech?

Still think ALL questions are welcome !?!?! :tongue:

<<Still think ALL questions are welcome !?!?!>> yes

that is what I think. what would you like to know about my momma?

look, it's simple. I didn't come on here to troll or spam. and neither did the
guy who got nuked by stranger. some of y'all take yerselves a smidge
too seriously.

if you don't like someones question, move on. put that person on ignore.
are most of you folks gamers? or what's your trip? why is asking
questions such a heinous offense?

lighten up dude, it's christmas :)

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
PS:

<<No badge first>>

no sense of humor huh? I don't need no stinking badges!

<<stop dumb questions first for the sake of everyone>>

I'll ask whatever I choose and whoever doesn't like it can pound sand up their
rectum :)

((Then I'll show you my badge and give you a cookie))

keep yer cookies mate. I'm lookin for civilized humans, not snacks

ciao daddio :lol:

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
screw you both. i've just had enough of lazy ass posters who spam these forums with useless questions that have been asked a million times.

It's amazing how many jerks populate these forums.

Google is for research.
Forums are for questions.

Any question posted here could be found using a google query, probably easier even than the forum searches. Easier is they key: it's easier to post a question and get an answer than to search through 100 obscure results (google or otherwise) looking for information relevant to the question.

It is much easier to spend 10 seconds answering a question you feel is "dumb" than ranting 20 times on every question you feel is dumb. So really, who is showing the lack of intelligence here? The person asking a simple question, or the person wasting hours of his life complaining about it?

I agree. I received an email notification that linked me to this post. but, it apparently wasn't for my benefit :)

I am not offended by the 'unworthy' asking questions of the 'annointed' :)

and on that note, I'm taking my ball and going home :lol:

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I see you've posted me. you are on ignore. this thread is useless now
because you and your 'clan' insist on making a federal case over a simple question.

see you in the next world. don't be late :)

bonedaddy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004
LOL, this is great. Never thought I would cause so much fun. In my defense, the post that I was supposedly able to find would require me to know that the G80 is NVIDIA's new GPU, which I didn't, and considering it was being compared to current gen card (the 7900) I assumed it was a comparison to something out already. Thanx to everyone who defended me! Even though I didn't get much useful info, its still a great thread. WOOT!

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
LOL, this is great. Never thought I would cause so much fun. In my defense, the post that I was supposedly able to find would require me to know that the G80 is NVIDIA's new GPU, which I didn't, and considering it was being compared to current gen card (the 7900) I assumed it was a comparison to something out already. Thanx to everyone who defended me! Even though I didn't get much useful info, its still a great thread. WOOT!

LOL no problem 8) you are always welcome here and so are any questions you want to ask. StrangeStranger thought he was speaking for everyone else but it turns out he was only speaking for himself as you can see :lol:

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
To you it is no big deal but after the hundredth post exactly the same as as all the others you get abit annoyed.

If you did your research, you'd see that there are not 100 posts about this in the forum. I hate lazy people. Get your info straight before posting.

do you not get annoyed of the conroe/AM2 threads or any of the others.

Use the forum search, moron. I've already stated whether or not I get annoyed. Why do people insist on asking the same question twice?

(*sarcasm* <- for those that didn't get it)

[This post dedicated to MadModMike]

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
P.S. Saying a thread is stupid, and then replying to it constantly (bumping it) doesn't make much sense.

It's like saying Survivor sucks, and then watching every episode.

Jaffee

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
theres another thread discussing this called G80 or 7900gtx. why didn't you read that or wait are you an idiot. just use some common sense an search before posting.

You're kind of an asshole, aren't you? His post is, despite being misguided, polite, and you have only to return the courtesy in order to NOT look like a jerk.

In any case you could have just directed him with a link, you didn't have to call him an idiot.

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
im sensing alot of hostility towards me. but since i don't really care i'll continue to be a jerk. that thread was one example of a few threads discussing next gen stuff. i stick by my comment on searching. it is pure laziness regardless of how new to the forums you are. you can call me what you like, i don't mind. if you think me an idiot ar an ass then thats fine.

Really, your sad sad person. I feel sorry for your kind.

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
>>AMD Athlon X2 4800+ @2.64GHz
>>2GB of PC3200 RAM (2-3-3-6)
>>Dual evga Geforce 7800 GT COs
>>Creative X-Fi Xtreme music

sounds like a nice box. are the Dual evga Geforce 7800 GT COs for gaming?

just curious. the guy that started this thread ended up with more supporters
than naysayers. interesting that. well, calling him an idiot was completely uncalled for, so...

I have tried to search for my question already having been asked and answered, but can't find it.

Mind if I ask you a question about video cards? if you "NO" it's ok :)
I understand, and bear no hostility. not even to stanger. I think he's been reamed sufficiently and may change his ways :lol:

oh, I am into digital audio recording. not gaming. nothin against gaming, but it's out of my league money= wise time= wise, and learning curve=wise.

It's fun to watch other people though!

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
crawl back in your hole whizzard. to you it is no big deal but after the hundredth post exactly the same as as all the others you get abit annoyed. the fact that there was a post concerning this stuff only a day before meant that he did not need to search. true it had to do with either waiting for the next gen cards or sticking to this generation and even that topic has been discussed.

do you not get annoyed of the conroe/AM2 threads or any of the others. if so you must be very patient. thats great but i ain't. i will continue to be a jerk about this

Can't we all just get along? seriously, getting along with others is not a bad thing. tolerance, patience, all that crap, it honestly is all good.

ok, that's enough preaching for one day :)

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I wish everybody would, really. we're all supposed to be on the same side, I think....oh well, anyway...

I am not a person who needs a state of the art high tech balls to the wall gaming card. I just need my monitor to look halfway decent.

the application I will be using primarily will either be cubase or adobe audition.
probably cubase, a digital audio recording software.

what's a decent card for that kinda stuff?? I notice most of you guys are into pretty fancy stuff.

honestly, I did a bunch of searches but found nada about garden variety graphics cards. if there are some threads there, I missed them.

hell, maybe it's ME that's the idiot here. if so, how would I be able to realize it? it's all very confusing.

anyway, stranger...that's my question. how do I find a mid range non gaming graphics card without inadvertantly getting a lemon in the process?

I believe in the say about getting what ya pay for and so on...

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
if your not looking for any gaming just about anything will do. are you looking for AGP or PCI-e. if no 3-D is involved according to the greatgrapeape matrox(not sure of spelling) still rule the 2-d world.

<<<if no 3-D is involved according to the greatgrapeape maxtor still rule the 2-d world>>>

maxtor....oh, that reminds me. I need to mend fence with him too. and the poster with the bodacious fun bags. is that really a woman or just a pic someone used?

well, thanks. I'll check into maxtor immediately. I didn't know they made video cards. as to agp or PCIe, ??? depends on what mobo I buy. I have researched the Athlon 64 Venice to the point that I know it's what I want.

honestly, a lot of the newer hardware, mobos and graphics cards are capable of doing much more than I plan on demanding from them.

on the other hand, maybe I'll surprise myself :)

been playing the guitar for 40 years now. I hope it don't take that long to grasp the learning curve in terms of digital audio recording.

I miss the dark ages. press the red button and play. idiot proof. fix it in the mix and all that jazz :lol:

thanks again for the info.

peace out :arrow:

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
damn it. i edited it straight away but not quick enough :) you could also just get a basic x1xxx series or 7xxx series by ATI or nvidia. i would go ATI but thats me. you get all the modern features at a low price that way.

strangely enough i have just started playing the guitar, or well 6 months aint really just started but you know what i mean. your probably very good unlike me.

"your probably very good" after 40 years, I better be or I really am an idiot.
I made a good living at it for 25 years. the downside is that I spent the time in and out and back and forth with bands bands bands. not unusual.

shoulda worked up a solo act years ago. never too late :)
I'm a weekend warrior currently. no hit records or anything. 90 bucks a nite is all I can scrape outa the cheap bastards these days.

<<unlike me>> give yourself time. you'll get there. how old are ya?
I'm 50. I don't think I want to start learning anything too taxing at this point.

hey, I still have an old AGP PNY card with 64MBs

last page of the manual says

Digital Flat Panel Supports Mode.........

640x480 8/16/32 bits
800x600 8/16/32 bits
1024x768 8/16/32 bits
1280x1024 8/16/32 bits

it was built in 2002 and is NVIDIA. I also prefer ATI but only from reading and researching. have not actually used an ATI product knowingly. likely, not at all.

anyway, this ol' PNY just might git er done!!! there's even a chapter about
Direct #D Settings...

<<I edited it straight away but not quick enough>>

you mean MAXTOR?

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
if your not looking for any gaming just about anything will do. are you looking for AGP or PCI-e. if no 3-D is involved according to the greatgrapeape matrox(not sure of spelling) still rule the 2-d world.

this rascal is the cheapest I could find at newegg. I'm sure they have less expensive cards somewhere. see? this thread was not a loss. not only do I now know of a company called MaTRox, I actually got some hits for MaxTOR graphics cards. which is really weird.

this one on newegg looks pretty snazzy. I may try my old PNY and see if it does the job. still shopping for a mobo I like. a socket 939 mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814106154

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
this is more what i was thinking about.x1300

oh btw i'm 22 and ye i know it takes time to learn anything but as per this digital recording lark, never say never. you never know you might build up a solid fanbase online. somebody in my country, sandi thom or something like that has just got a record deal. she got a fanbase by doing live broadcasts fro her house using the web.

I want to use this cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103537

'MAYbe' this mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131541

and thanks for the link. what about the old pny agp card? it worked fine. 4 years old. not that old......

<<oh btw i'm 22 and ye i know it takes time to learn anything>>

you got time

<<but as per this digital recording lark, never say never. you never know you might build up a solid fanbase online. somebody in my country, sandi thom or something like that has just got a record deal. she got a fanbase by doing live broadcasts fro her house using the web>>

thanks for the good thought. that's exACTly what I have in mind :)

TRENDING THREADS