Next Version of Mac OS X Could be Called 'Lynx'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]helltag[/nom]Only if your retarded enough to not understand trademarks. Hint: You can trademark the same name as long as it is in a different industry.[/citation]
Tell that to Apple when they sue grocery stores with a name that comes close to apple.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]This qualifies as news? Someone got paid for writing that ?Here is more news... rumor has it that Microsoft's next OS will be Windows 9.However, Microsoft Germany has indicated that a different naming will have to be considered for the German market as the English "9" would sound line the German word "nein"; meaning "no".And who wants to upgrade to "Microsoft No" :)[/citation]

Hahaha this had me rolling :).

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]So....They're trading in a Lion for a Lynx? arent Lynnx smaller than lions?[/citation]

Well OSX.10 could be "battle cat" ... now we just need Steve Jobs yelling "I have the power".

Jus' saw another use of Lynx. I forget the company, but they are naming their aircraft "Lynx", which is rocket-powered, and will take citizens to the edge of space for a mere $98K. It's a one hour flight.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
This show how little imagination Apple has: they really did not invent anything... i wonder what will they do when they run out of feline names (aka in 2-3 years as fast as their OS support goes).

Status
Not open for further replies.