NFS MW 2005 & Carbon: Major Stuttering/Inconsistent Frames

Aug 24, 2018
Hey everyone!

I'm experiencing mild-major frame drops and stuttering in Need For Speed MW and Carbon, generally during gameplay, but occasionally in the menus as well. I've updated my laptop's BIOS, changed process affinity to 1 core for both games, reinstalling both games, absolutely no dice.

I also find that Most Wanted's average frames deteriorate at a mild speed every session? But not touching even remotely demanding programs for half-an-hour and then coming back to the game boosts the FPS back up to the normal average, only for the frames to drop again, rinse, repeat.

Here are my laptop specs and model:

Model: Acer Aspire A515-51G

GPU: Geforce MX150 GDDR5 2GB, Intel UHD Graphics 620 (I run games exclusively on the MX150)
CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6Ghz (with Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.4gHz. My CPU constantly runs at that speed when charged, yet no overheating)
RAM: 8GB DDR4

Any and all help is appreciated!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Are you monitoring CPU/GPU temps? If so, what are you seeing under sustained load?

Where did you acquire NFSMW from? I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues with a 2005 title and Windows10, but doesn't sound like the issue here.