[SOLVED] NH-L9i chromax.black installation

May 20, 2021
Hi,

I bought a NH-L9i chromax.black cooler and I am trying to install it on a Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 motherboard.

The foot doesn't seem to sit on the motherboard when putting it to the cpu (3-4 mm space). Is it normal? Will they sit correctly when I will put the screws?

One last question, can I install the cooler in any direction/orientation or is there a preferred one for hot air elimination?

Thanks!
Fred

Solution
The cooler does need to touch the CPU, and should fit on there without needing the screws to force it down. #1 rule of PC building, don't force anything. It looks to me like it should fit, but ITX builds usually require more attention to detail.

Down draft cooler that you are cramming into a Mini-ITX board with heatsinks all around and ram to the side. I don't think orientation will matter all that much. Consult the instructions though if orientation matters for the mounting.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The cooler does need to touch the CPU, and should fit on there without needing the screws to force it down. #1 rule of PC building, don't force anything. It looks to me like it should fit, but ITX builds usually require more attention to detail.

Down draft cooler that you are cramming into a Mini-ITX board with heatsinks all around and ram to the side. I don't think orientation will matter all that much. Consult the instructions though if orientation matters for the mounting.

Solution