Nifty Beam Android Projector Fits In Light Bulb Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizox

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
will it actually draw power from the lightbulb screw? if so I'm totally behind this. if not... then I really don't think I'd be too interested

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Just checked it out on Kickstarter, at 100 lumens it's going to be hopeless. Too DIM to be any use. I like the idea a lot, but if your plugging it into mains power, why can't it be much much brighter...

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Also why can't it come with a swivel attachment... So you can put it into your ceiling socket and not have it pointing at the floor.

What would be kind of unique is if they implemented something like this at restaurants or other places. Sort of like the game pads they have and take around to the tables at applebees and other places for the kids to play with. No hardware to be broken/mishandled, no running separate units around from table to table. Just a way for the patrons to turn it on/off with limited kiosk capabilities using the table surface as the input if paired with a holographic keyboard or touchscreen.

gabrielspcs1

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
That is going to be a uphill battle being only 100 lumens. I have seen plenty of 100 lumen pico projectors that are less than $200 and can be used on battery power instead of jammed into a light socket.

waiting1962

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
fixxxer Leeb. Light bulbs and outlets are the same pretty much, some outlets may be setup with more amps , but basically light bulb outlets and basic outlets are the same. You can buy a screw in outlet, you screw it into an socket and you can plug in any 120 v device

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Well a light bulb connector can't handle as much insert-remove cycles as an outlet. Otherwise, the power limit is usually rated by the cable used. For desk lamps its usually 60W, for ceiling lamps it may be around 200W. Outlets can support up to 5kW, and your dishwasher/stove outlet can support up to 15kW.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
If the pricing could get closer to $100, would make a fascinating alternative to things like Philips Hue...

At $350 for "let's hope it get's shipped, but regardless you're paying" kickstarter vs $399 for the retail product, you're a moron to not just wait until October IF these ever get produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.