Nintendo Finally Responds To Switch's Joy-Con Issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritz

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004
I am a owner of a Switch and have been playing Zelda all weekend. I actually haven't had any issues so far with the controllers. Console is sitting beside the 55inch, and controller is being played on the bed 10 feet away.

As for charging, I had a full charge on Friday night when I hooked the console up, and Sunday night I get an on-TV alert saying that the controller had low batteries. I played a good 15-20 hours this weekend on that charge. Placed the controllers back on the console, and this morning it reports as fully charged. So tonight another round of exploring the countryside is in order.

RoycesDad

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Very frustrating. Bought with the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and unable to play the game. At the beginning when I am on the tower Link continually commits suicide and it is game over because the left joystick doesn't work (either no response, or movement without input). I assume I can return my switch, but I am still out $67 bucks for the game I opened and purchased at GameStop. The worst part is how comfortable the Joycons are in the grip. I thought to myself, "Wow this looked terrible, but is the most ergonomic controller I have ever felt." Then Link commits suicide...over and over.

RoycesDad

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Very frustrating. Bought with the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and unable to play the game. At the beginning when I am on the tower Link continually commits suicide and it is game over because the left joystick doesn't work (either no response, or movement without input). I assume I can return my switch, but I am still out $67 bucks for the game I opened and purchased at GameStop. The worst part is how comfortable the Joycons are in the grip. I thought to myself, "Wow this looked terrible, but is the most ergonomic controller I have ever felt." Then Link commits suicide...over and over.

nate1492

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2012
I own the switch. I have tons of eletronics. I have big hands. I've got multiple consoles, 2 computers, tons of tablets, tons of phones. Wireless, yada yada.

No problems.

I see a lot of people in this thread patting themselves on the back for not buying a Switch. I'll tell you what, Zelda BOTW is amazing. The controls are outstanding. It may be the greatest Zelda game of them all.

If you like Nintendo IP, you need to own a switch. If you don't like Nintendo IP, it's a tougher sell, but its still an excellent console.

Stop speculating, the 'joy con' issue is overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.