Nintendo Keeps Breaking Its Records With 'Mario Kart 8 Deluxe' Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I've certainly been trying to figure out if I should buy a Switch or a used Wii U, because the Wii U actually has a surprisingly good library. But if they keep porting the good games to the Switch, yeah, I'll buy that instead.

Considering Nintendo has always been the last vanguard of backwards compatibility in console gaming, it's unsurprising that they're porting so many titles over ASAP.

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I tried to order a copy on amazon over the weekend, and its a 4-6 week wait before it will ship. I can't remember the last time ordering a game meant waiting for stock. I know i could download it digitally, but i want the 20% discount from amazon prime and that only comes with physical copies.

dstarr3

Distinguished

That's sort of a common theme in life, innit? You can save money, but it'll cost you time. Or you can save time, but it'll cost you money.

also in this case it will costs a lot of hard drive space too lol

As an owner of it on Wii U, what an incredible game. Outstanding graphics and just a ton of fun. And the Deluxe version includes the DLC all for free, improves the battle mode, and has other additional tweaks to perfect the game.

jeremy2020

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
The Amazon thing is not related to the general availability of the game. It is its own issue.

Everything breaks records now. Every single release is "record breaking". In this case, for example, Nintendo reports the number of copies (which is shipped to retailers, not sold to customers). The biggest releases are reported in revenue, not copies.

I wish media covering video games would push back on these "record breaking" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS