News Nintendo Switch hacked to run Windows 11 on Arm, and it's just about as awful as you can imagine

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
Well of course it barely runs peggle, it's a potato with a screen attached to it. If the average Joe knew better Nintendo would not have sold a single one of these and would be forced either to leave hardware market or actually design and launch a console with performance on par with present day. The Switch 2 is shaping to launch next year on par with a 2022 Steam Deck smh.. consumers really are the only ones to blame

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Well of course it barely runs peggle, it's a potato with a screen attached to it. If the average Joe knew better Nintendo would not have sold a single one of these and would be forced either to leave hardware market or actually design and launch a console with performance on par with present day. The Switch 2 is shaping to launch next year on par with a 2022 Steam Deck smh.. consumers really are the only ones to blame
Yes a well optimized potato but still a potato.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
If the average Joe knew better Nintendo would not have sold a single one of these and would be forced either to leave hardware market or actually design and launch a console with performance on par with present day.
Nintendo seem to be quite good at proving time and again that the specs don't correlate to success.

Although the system being low-powered is definitely a holdback,
I find not being able to turn on the system from the controller (as well as how difficult it can be to turn the system on when you're using the dock full stop), and mandatory power/screen timeout settings you can't change to be far more annoying. Oh, and that's not mentioning the controller drift rendering so many thousands of controllers useless... lolz.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it starts to annoy me... so, I get where you're coming from, albeit for different reasons.

Reactions: Ogotai

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
actually design and launch a console with performance on par with present day
a lot a good better hardware does if there are no games on it that a person wants to play. and i am in that boat, i own a switch, and wouldnt buy a PS or xbox as there are maybe 5 games between them that i want to play. while you think the switch is a waste, others do not.