News Nintendo Switch Lite Coming Sept. 20

D

Deleted member 14196

:p.... more moneygrab, less games.... with each console, you get... MAYBE, one zelda game, one mario game, and that's about it. I was done with Nintendo yrs ago, now my son finally quit them as well. what a waste of money and crappy hardware to boot.

I am disinterested in their greed.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
:p.... more moneygrab, less games.... with each console, you get... MAYBE, one zelda game, one mario game, and that's about it. I was done with Nintendo yrs ago, now my son finally quit them as well. what a waste of money and crappy hardware to boot.

I am disinterested in their greed.

So let me guess you're more into Sony and Microsoft greed instead because for this is for people that wants the Switch as a handheld only and there is a lot of great games that will support this just the only games that wont are Joycon games like Mario Party and will also be great for people that loves their fighting games as well since it will have a D Pad.

Giroro

Splendid
I feel like Nintendo removed too much of what made the Switch a success for the Switch Lite to be a good value at $199. It would be a different story if they had significantly increased battery life, or kept dock functionality (even if the dock wasn't included), or were pitching a better solution for multiplayer since their online service is pretty very not good.
It's totally fine to release a lower priced/lower quality console ala 2DS, but $199 still prices them way out of the "buy them for all your kids" market, even though this seems designed for that.

As is, isn't the Switch lite basically a less-portable Playstation Vita? I mean, I love my Vita in theory, but that thing didn't exactly sell well.

bloodroses

Distinguished
Considering that in Japan portable gaming is more popular than traditional consoles, this move makes perfect sense for Nintendo. After all, that is their primary client base. :p