Ninth Foxconn Worker of 2010 Commits Suicide

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]etrom[/nom]Way to go, China! Keep your annual GDP growth close to 10% while lack education, health and proper work conditions for citzens.[/citation]

It's wild that no one has thumbed you up nor down. Their GDP is growing at an unprecedented rate. Politically, this seems to be the standard that we are moving towards--especially once President Obama is out of office... (you're welcome, "soo-nah-mee" lol)

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]Heylets install a company diving board on top of the building.[/citation]

A lot of jokes today...wow lol

Learn_w_Graffix

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
From Wikipedia:
"Foxconn admitted that it makes workers do an extra 80 hours overtime per month while the local labor law only permits 36 hours. Foxconn sued Wang You and Weng Bao of China Business News, the journalists responsible for revealing these practices, for $3.77 million and filed a successful court ruling to have the journalists' assets frozen."

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]Actually there are companies in the US that have that many employees. Verizon Employs well over 200k employees and vendors.[/citation]

They aren't all factory workers (I bet close to none of them are,) they are of all disciplines. Also, that number includes people who don't even work for Verizon; the actual headcount is around 90,000 (on a good day).

G

"lauxenburg
....They keep the prices low unfortunately."

because apple products are cheap....... they dont keep prices low, they allow for companies like apple to make more profit

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Well, on the a hard ware not I have been building custom desktop gamers and such for about six years, When I first started in the company the owners was purchasing Foxconn boards for entry level home use desktop computers(not gamer config) after five bad boards all different models. I refuse to install anything that has to do with Foxconn, Leadtek, and Winfast(all the same company). Its junk, very unreliable and unstable. They do make alot of system board stuff for other vendors, in fact you can find there stuff on just about every system board build, they do alot of PS/2, and USB modules.

As for the suicides, something is clearly going on in the back round at the company or in China, guess on China's care for the workforce of the country. I wouldn't want to work there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.