Nixeus Delivers 1440p IPS Monitor With 100% sRGB For $399

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Dell delivers U2515H (UltraSharp, anyone?), a 25" 1440p IPS panel monitor with 2xHDMI, 6xUSB 3.0, 2xDP, miniDP, DaisyChain support, extremely thin edges (unlike those trick products from LG) for optimal multi-screen setups for ...what was it, $340? Nix.. who?

Did I mention it has adjustable height, it can swivel and can be used in portrait mode?
It's a good buy if you must have 10-bit color support, other than that...

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
I got an asus of the exact specs of this on sale at newegg for 259$ or something... why would I get this? (Yes the asus has 1440p and 100% SRGB)

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
This is a cheaply made Chinese knockoff - company just imports panels from a third party and doesn't actually have their own manufacturing plant, parts, people (etc.) This monitor is on par with all those cheap Korean panels that are all over eBay - heck those are probably better value for your money!

They also don't know how this is calibrated since they just order from a third party. They don't design/test/R&D anything. I owned a crappy monitor from them for a month before it died. NO THANKS! I will never buy a knockoff again - unless it's that "Rolex" from an NYC street vendor.

3ogdy

Distinguished

As far as my experience with their UltraSharp line of monitors is, Dell delivers exquisite products in perfect packaging. The performance, looks and quality of the materials used is impressive. I'm not sure about the rest of the products from Dell. I have used a few of their laptops and I can't say they're outstanding or crap - I didn't feel like they were anything special, but they did impress me in terms of longevity (motherboard and all) after talking to the owners of such systems.
Personally, I only own one Dell product, so take it with a grain of salt, but I can't lie, these monitors are absolutely impressive.

Freesync would at least make it viable for some light gaming without all the tearing and help minimize ghosting. 60hz actually looks great with freesync, i see very little reason to get a 144hz monitor.

I have a similar monitor, ASUS MG279Q which goes to 90hz with freesync. It's $480 on newegg right now, same 1440p and IPS. Looks amazing, and i use it for my photography (lightroom editing). I've been playing gears of war 4 on it all week and it looks amazing.

G

When are HDR monitors coming? Televisions have them. I want a 10-bit hdr monitor!

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I professional monitor that doesn't even have about much of the adobe RGB spectrum is actually covered. It is 80%, 90%, etc.

Great that the sRBG is 100%. I know plenty of monitor that are not for professional use that cover the full sRBG spectrum. Tell me about the whole Adobe RGB spectrum and than I will listen to someone when they say it is a professional monitor.

I wonder how is it that with all this talk about PC market dieing/slowing down we keep on seeing constantly new products for companies...
Either the experts got it wrong or some companies are going to be closing quite soon.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

not directed at you, but what the hell even is hdr in monitors?
See, if you are just bringing colors out that are there in the master, and in the theatrical edit, ok, perfect... but I look up an hdr to non hdr video on youtube, mad max as an example, I see a clear difference between the two on my syncmaster t240hd and that SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE if it was something that can only happen on these monitors.

From what I understand in photography, hdr is compositing 3 or more photos, one at a normal exposure, one really exposed, one underexposed, then putting them together to get the best of every photo in one image, this isnt something you can really do from a fixed exposure video like lets say a movie. The mad max example looks like they oversaturated everything in the picture, blew out the whites and then killed the dark detail.

If hdr in a tv means something like an oled panel where every pixel is its own light source, and they are bringing 10 bit color to mainstream then awsome, cant wait, but if they add some bs process to completely screw with video... sorry I don't want it at all, I already went through this once with dvd to bluray where they tried to de grain video making it look worse then hd dvd counterparts (the thing is a big example) I don't want them to destroy color completely too.

hannibal

Distinguished
The real HDR has wider color are, so less banding in gradully changing colours.
Also HDR means wider dynamic in colours and contrasts and brightness.
So it reguires a lot of new hardware and also material that is made in HDR. Is the material is not made in HDR mode, it should look just the same in HDR and non HDR devices.

And then there of course are those chips that artificially try to "improve" the normal picture to look like a HDR and those are bad...

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Ive never understood glossy screens.

I guess its the "OHHHH SHINY" factor....but that lasts all of 3 seconds before you catch your first glare and wish it wasnt glossy.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

because a matte screen if it catches any light at all washes the color out, they are more difficult to clean, and they add a slight blur to everything, not much, but the smaller the pixels are the more that matters.

glossy, you catch a bad glare, you move the screen a bit and its gone.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

Forgot to post this when i wrote it, so i ended up posting something else first.

first, that sounds like they are bringing 10 bit to mainstream devices, 8bit was 1-255, 10 bit is 1-1024, working with a dslr that takes 14bit raw photos, Its easy to see how that effects photos in editing, I may not see all the color due to a monitor that may struggle with 8bit (not 100% sure here) but Its plain to see when you push something and the banding does not happen

The contrast in dark and bright should be again 1-1024 like a the color, but outside of oled, I don't see the contrast ever being great. Having seen an oled tv right next to a high end lcd... there's no comparison, the oled curb stomped the lcd, I knew there was going to be a difference between lcd and oled, but damn didn't think it would be that massive in just the contrast alone.

Personally, I turn off all dynamic contrast stuff on my tv's because what's this, the screen is dark, and the backlight turned off so now its WAY to dark, oh, it went to a sunny scene, and a second or two later it decides its not going to be dark again so it turns the brightness up. I cant express how distracting this is to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.