[SOLVED] No 5.1 audio with logitech z906 speakers

kupi

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Hi, so I have had logitech z906 speakers for a little over 2 years now. I plugged in additional 3 speakers and it doesnt output the 5.1 audio. They are connected to my PC with aux, motherboard that I have is Asus Prime Z270-P. I have the Realtek HD Audio manager that only detects 2 front speakers. Can someone help me ?
PC specs:
i7-7700k
Asus Prime Z270-P
GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
16 GB 2133 Hz RAM

Solution
what "aux" have you in mind?
if its either RCA or optical tosslink, hten it shouws you correctly 2 channel stereo
PC works in PCM format (uncompressed) and tosslink/RCS doesnt have enough bandwith for 5.1 uncompressed, but it supports dolby/dts codecs for compressed 5.1

so u may want to use 3x 3.5mm jacks for 6 channel audio
what "aux" have you in mind?
if its either RCA or optical tosslink, hten it shouws you correctly 2 channel stereo
PC works in PCM format (uncompressed) and tosslink/RCS doesnt have enough bandwith for 5.1 uncompressed, but it supports dolby/dts codecs for compressed 5.1

so u may want to use 3x 3.5mm jacks for 6 channel audio

Solution

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
I actually have almost the same pc-build, believe it or not. I find the realtek software a bit choppy, and a product of fast production. Maybe your speakers do not support 5.1 audio. I think you need a special jack, or two jacks for that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which speakers aren't working? The Z906 comes with 5 speakers already, did you add another 3 and only attach to motherboard?

I assume you know how to get 5.1 out of the control box? the trick is not to have any lights on in the column that shows the speaker layout under the heading Stereo. Its not spelled out anywhere in paperwork

I had a lot of fun getting all 5 speakers to work, yet alone adding more. Although I am using the standard analog cables.

Last edited: