Question No Audio Devices Plugged In (Please help!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 14, 2021
I recently installed a new motherboard (Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2) into my computer (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit) and when plugging my headphones or speakers into the audio jack in the back of the computer, there's no sound. The sound comes from my monitor's speakers because it's plugged in with HDMI. Anything I plug into audio jacks in the back of the computer doesn't show up in any device manager or anywhere else. I did try to update realtek audio drivers 3 times, but even that doesn't show up in the device manager. The only place my headphones show up is in device manager when I "show hidden devices", but even then it says my headphones are not plugged in:
"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

My full specs:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
Ryzen 5 2600X
Radeon HD 570
16gb ram

What I have done:
  • Updated realtek drivers
  • Updated mobo drivers
  • Enabled audio in the BIOS
  • Tried updating windows
  • Tried finding headphones in device list (only shows when i show hidden files, it says it's unplugged)
  • Rewiring F Audio panel (case is somehow missing F audio wirings but it worked fine on my last mobo)
  • Tried using windows audio troubleshooter
  • Disabled HDMI audio

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS