[SOLVED] No Audio from AUX Jack

Recently, My audio stopped working for my external speakers. I posted a thread earlier on another section, but got no help. After more time, I figured out that the only thing not working are my AUX ports. Front and Back are not outputting audio. I can still listen to anything I want, including my external speakers, If I plug them in to my Headset adapter. I have a Corsair Void headset with the Surround Sound Adapter. The headset has a 3.5mm and plugs into the USB adapter. Sound works through the adapter, but the headset wont work when plugged in directly to the PC through 3.5mm. I figured something went wrong with an Audio driver or something, which lead to the Aux not working anymore. I tried reinstalling Realtek Audio Drivers, and nothing changed. Windows does show audio is being output (activity bars move to represent audio playing). Is there some driver, or setting to change, or should I try my luck at contacting the manufacturers?

Possibly useful specs are-
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
ASRock B450M-Pro4
AMD RX Vega 56
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200MHz

Solution
Perhaps the default device got reset?

Right click the sound icon in Windows Taskbar, and select 'troubleshoot sound problems'. You should then see a list of devices.
Select the one you want to use, click 'next' > Do not open audio enhancements, and there should be an option afterwards to make the device you selected the default.
I was thinking about that as a solution, however I don't really want to buy another piece like that if I don't need to. The strangest part for me is that the AUX are not working, but audio through USB still works. I assume there is a separate module or controller on the motherboard for AUX and USB, allowing one to work and not the other. I might get an AUX splitter, so I can just plug both AUX into the same USB adapter, since I have no extra USB ports for another adapter. Before that though, I think I will try contact ASRock, though that may be a lost cause.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Right click the sound icon in Windows Taskbar, and select 'troubleshoot sound problems'. You should then see a list of devices.
Select the one you want to use, click 'next' > Do not open audio enhancements, and there should be an option afterwards to make the device you selected the default.

Reactions: Mtop
Solution

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I was thinking about that as a solution, however I don't really want to buy another piece like that if I don't need to. The strangest part for me is that the AUX are not working, but audio through USB still works. I assume there is a separate module or controller on the motherboard for AUX and USB, allowing one to work and not the other. I might get an AUX splitter, so I can just plug both AUX into the same USB adapter, since I have no extra USB ports for another adapter. Before that though, I think I will try contact ASRock, though that may be a lost cause.
They work totally differently the headphone ports are working off of a audio chip on the motherboard while usb is just a standard for data transfer in this case it’s giving your usb headphones data and then the chip inside the usb device has a audio chip in it that’s turning the digital data into sound that you can understand

I have already tried this. Nothing was set wrong in this menu, though it did want to change the default, which didn't help. I do not think it is a software issue, since Windows does show the device as playing audio.

They work totally differently the headphone ports are working off of a audio chip on the motherboard while usb is just a standard for data transfer in this case it’s giving your usb headphones data and then the chip inside the usb device has a audio chip in it that’s turning the digital data into sound that you can understand
That is what I figured, thank you.