no audio output device is installed even after resetting windows

Aug 10, 2018
Hi

I ran into the no audio output device is installed problem with my msi GL62M laptop. I tried everything I could find on Google to no avail.

I ended up resetting windows hoping that would fix it but it didn't. Also when I try to add Realtek drivers through the Add legacy hardware option I get a BSOD. Even after resetting windows.

I'm gonna try reinstalling windows but I would like to know if there's a fix to this in case someone else faced a similar issue.

Thanks

Solution
If it is a desktop, try changing ports. The headphone jack on the front of mine doesn't even work but if you plug into the one on the back it works now.
You could try that and see if that helps.

mdsimmons1118

Upstanding
Aug 6, 2018
I believe adding legacy hardware is only for older peripherals. If it is windows 10, it should automatically find drivers. In device manager go to the top Action and Scan for Hardware changes.
If there is an "Unknown Device" shown in the list of devices right click and update driver.
You can have it search online or if you have the driver you can browse for it.
If no luck, resetting windows could help too.

mdsimmons1118

Upstanding
Aug 6, 2018
If it is a desktop, try changing ports. The headphone jack on the front of mine doesn't even work but if you plug into the one on the back it works now.
You could try that and see if that helps.

Solution