[SOLVED] No audio using amd Relive

Aug 8, 2020
At my wits end with this.

I cannot get any audio using the relive option on the AMD software. I want to use the instant replay feature but whenever I clip it and watch it back, there is zero audio. It clips the video just fine.

I have tried pretty much all the ‘fixes’ using google, changing the registry numbers, reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the Realtek driver etc, but still nothing.

I don’t know what else I can try. Has anyone had any luck? This seems to be a common issue according to google searches.

I am running amd 3600, Radeon 5600 xt and a steelseries arctis 9x headset which requires a Windows USB adapter.

please help!

Solution

I cannot get any audio using the relive option on the AMD software. I want to use the instant replay feature but whenever I clip it and watch it back, there is zero audio. It clips the video just fine.
Try to put the audio output of windows to the 5600xt you will probably have to connect it to your monitor with an HDMI cable or any cable that allows audio through.
The only idea I have is that relive can only record things that happen on the card itself and not the mobo's soundchip,I never used relive so if there is a setting to select a different sound source then obviously use that first.

Lutfij

Titan
Have a read through this thread. I'd ask you to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and manually source the latest drivers from AMD's support site and then install the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See id that helps.

Try to put the audio output of windows to the 5600xt you will probably have to connect it to your monitor with an HDMI cable or any cable that allows audio through.
The only idea I have is that relive can only record things that happen on the card itself and not the mobo's soundchip,I never used relive so if there is a setting to select a different sound source then obviously use that first.

Solution
Aug 8, 2020
Have a read through this thread. I'd ask you to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and manually source the latest drivers from AMD's support site and then install the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See id that helps.
Thank you for the reply!
At the risk of sounding dumb here, even when I run as administrator, the program just fully installs, doesn’t give me the option to manually install certain parts of the driver?

Aug 8, 2020
The problem seems to be the HDMI audio, however there is no option to deselect this during the install process. It just installs the entire thing.
Seriously why have AMD made this so difficult?