Retained:
PSU: EVGA 500W
Case: Corsair 100R
Case speaker from case APEX TX-381-C

Replaced the MB, retested
Replaced the memory, retested
Replaced the CPU (this has to fix it!), retested
After each component swap retested with the same result:

The MB&CPU have never made a sound or produced any video output.

I’ve tested with the bare MB & CPU out of the case – no sound no video
I’ve tested with everything and nothing (component wise) – fans spin, disks spin – still, no sound no video output

Verified the monitor works with D-SUB
Have not figured out a way to verify the case speaker (the ASRock MB is not capable of making sound directly)

After each failure I’m forced to revert to the prior MB & CPU which still work great!

What am I missing???

Solution
Have you looked through the steps in this troubleshooting checklist?

The memory slots on your new motherboard only have a clip at one end. When you insert the RAM stick make sure it is pushed down all the way into the slot, at both ends.
Have you checked for any bent pins on the new CPU?
Are you certain the problem is not the video cable (i assume HDMI) you are using?

Mar 30, 2020
The memory (when installed) was seated

The CPU pins were checked before returning the CPU for replacement, and again before installing the replacement CPU

The video cable is not HDMI (not available on my workbench). It is good. For the very first build (before replacing everything), I tried a known good HDMI cable & monitor.

Still have not thought of a way to test the diagnostic beeper attached to the speaker header. This mobo does not have an on board beeper.

Have you looked through the steps in this troubleshooting checklist?

Solution
Mar 30, 2020
I had not found this list. It is the most comprehensive I've seen. I've gone the full 'breadboard' route the last two times (after replacing the memory and the CPU). I had not thought of a bad reset switch, but it is connected the board I'm using at the moment (as well as the PSU). If I decide to 'try it all' one more time I'll probably use this checklist.

still stumped.

Mar 30, 2020
I have , they sent a link to the form to fill out. NewEGG provided the last replacement (that was my first move). I keep thinking that the odds of all these components failing together is astronomical...so it must be my error somehow. And the ASRock RMA is a hale Mary...

Mar 30, 2020
First the good news. The third main board arrived and it has video output. Found that the BIOS is configured to NOT produce diagnostic beeps. So lame.

Got a new WIN10 installed and now have STOPCODE hell. Replaced the AMD video drivers, seemed better, but it is not. The stop codes are varied, BUT NUMEROUS

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
IRQL_NOT_LSS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR

Not sure what to do next

Mar 30, 2020
Interesting. May check this out.

Turns out my issue was that the board setup sets Overclocking to AUTO (or ON I forget which). The help text points out this is incompatible with the use of D-SUB/VGA which I was using. Set overclocking to DISABLED and the system works just fine. Later switched to the HDMI connector.

Lame documentation. Lame Tech support (they recommended checking for the beeps - which are disabled by default and not natively supported by the board = bring your own beeper). Hard to be positive with this experience. Glad the THIRD ASRock board works.