Question No beeps, no POST after changing the CPU ?

Apr 13, 2022
I upgraded my CPU from an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G to a AMD Ryzen 5 5500, I had updated the BIOS some time ago, but not sure if it was new enough for the next CPU.

Once I had swapped out the processor however, nothing worked, no beeps from the pc telling me to fix something (even when no ram was inserted), the fans spun and the motherboards debug led was at a consistent white.

Even when going back to the old CPU, the same behaviour occured.

I also went through the no beep troubleshooting guide to no avail.

Specs:
MSI B450M Pro M2 Max
Cooler Master 400W
NVIDIA 1650 Super

Do you have a system speaker like this connected to the motherboard, because if you do not, you are NEVER going to hear any beeps and they usually don't come with the board or the case anymore, and haven't for a number of years. You have to buy one if your board does not have troubleshooting debug LEDs or a Q-code display. If you've had this board for a while and haven't updated to a newer BIOS version, you need to do that. I'd put the old CPU back in and make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed.

s-l400.jpg

Apr 13, 2022
I'm not sure what the BIOS version is, but I'm guessing its older than April 2022.

I bought the new Ryzen 5 5500 from the most reputable pc parts store in my country, I've shopped with them for around 3 years and have had no problems until now.

I reset the CMOS and swapped in the old CPU, still nothing. I'm really puzzled, EVERYTHING is the same as before, and yet its still not POSTing ?

I'm not sure what the BIOS version is, but I'm guessing its older than April 2022.

I bought the new CPU (5 5500) from the most reputable pc parts store in my country, I've shopped with them for around 3 years and have had no problems until now.

I reset the CMOS and swapped in the old CPU, still nothing. I'm really puzzled, EVERYTHING is the same as before, and yet its still not posting...
after cmos reset, first boot might take more time then at usualy try to give it few minutes